Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Rumble Seat

I enjoyed a chance to test out the new 2008 Sea Ray 330 Sundancer this
week.

Sea Ray has the express boat category dialed in very nicely, and
there's a lot to like about the concept and quality of the 330.

One new feature that is very unusual is a "rumble seat".
Folded to stow in the outboard side of the transom is a bench seat.
When deployed, it faces aft with the seat cushion positioned above the
swim platform. Great idea for socializing when moored stern-to at a
dock, etc, but if I were building that feature into a boat I would
want to include a "kill switch" that would prevent the engines from
starting unless the seat is folded and stowed away. Otherwise, "here
comes a big wake on the beam.......there go the kids off the
transom...."

(Maybe Sea Ray *has* included a lockout).

95% of boat owners would know better than to be underway with anybody
sitting back there, but as usual it's the other 5% who will behave
imprudently and screw things up for all.

B & M Pontoon seat ct General 0 July 6th 04 02:18 AM
Seat Cushion Help Please Kellielabs General 1 May 4th 04 11:35 PM
swivel seat Gone Angling Boat Building 2 November 9th 03 02:29 AM
Seat Boxes bruce Boat Building 2 July 2nd 03 02:51 PM
Relase-A-Seat II No Spam General 0 July 1st 03 04:33 PM