Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default Rumble Seat

One new feature that is very unusual is a "rumble seat".

Given how NASTY it gets in most transom lockers, I can only imagine how
those seats are going to look after a season or two. I think the rumble
seat is a phenomenally stupid idea.

95% of boat owners would know better than to be underway with anybody
sitting back there, but as usual it's the other 5% who will behave
imprudently and screw things up for all.

You naively assume too much intelligence on the part of your fellow man.
Given the whole 'transom surfing' nonsense of a few years ago and kite rafts
last year I'm not seeing much improvement. Darwin isn't winnowing the
stupid THAT fast. I'm sure we'll have a crop of rumble seat fatalities in
short order. And instead of burying the stupid and moving on we'll
undoubtedly see a rash of politicos screaming about "safety of the children,
THE CHILDREN!" and attempt to encumber us with even more stupid "safety"
legislation.

Here's hoping someone at SeaRay legal wises up fast when that first lawsuit
arrives...