Senior Member

Default Why Small Outboards Sink - Low Transoms Cited

On Dec 13, 9:56 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:
harry krause wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:

I will tell you, that unlike you, I didn't feel like I was going to
crap in my pants.

If you haven't been scared on occasion while boating in the ocean then
you either haven't been boating in the ocean, or your actual time
boating in the ocean has been minimal. The only experienced seaman who
haven't been frightened on occasion by the ocean either are really
stupid or dead.

I don't think I have ever felt like I am going to crap in my pants for
any reason, on the sea or on land.

Come on up to the barn, I'll hand you a rope with a 1600 pound
firecracker on the other end. If you don't get all tingley inside, you
won't have to worry cause it would only mean you were already dead

In the ocean, I have been in gale
force winds, have felt very queasy, and have even been sea sick, but no,
I have never felt like I am going to crap in my pants. If you think
everyone reacts to stressful situations by being frightened or feeling
like they are going to crap in their pants, you are incorrect.

However, I have come to a conclusion about these animals. Everyone
says that they can sense fear and if you are afraid, you are screwed.
I disagree even while scared half to death, if you keep your head and
stick to your training the horse will react to that more strongly...
and you can win the war. But you got to stand in there, you gotta'
play hurt or your finished...

wrote:
harry krause wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
I will tell you, that unlike you, I didn't feel like I was going to
crap in my pants.
If you haven't been scared on occasion while boating in the ocean then
you either haven't been boating in the ocean, or your actual time
boating in the ocean has been minimal. The only experienced seaman who
haven't been frightened on occasion by the ocean either are really
stupid or dead.

I don't think I have ever felt like I am going to crap in my pants for
any reason, on the sea or on land.

Come on up to the barn, I'll hand you a rope with a 1600 pound
firecracker on the other end. If you don't get all tingley inside, you
won't have to worry cause it would only mean you were already dead

I have to ask, what is a 1600 lb firecracker? If you mean a horse, I
love horses, but I do approach an unknown horse with caution, just so he
can get used to me.

n the ocean, I have been in gale
force winds, have felt very queasy, and have even been sea sick, but no,
I have never felt like I am going to crap in my pants. If you think
everyone reacts to stressful situations by being frightened or feeling
like they are going to crap in their pants, you are incorrect.

However, I have come to a conclusion about these animals. Everyone
says that they can sense fear and if you are afraid, you are screwed.
I disagree even while scared half to death, if you keep your head and
stick to your training the horse will react to that more strongly...
and you can win the war. But you got to stand in there, you gotta'
play hurt or your finished...

Animals can smell fear, and react accordingly. So while you might be
apprehensive, I don't think you are putting out the same pheromones one
puts out when you are actually afraid.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
harry krause wrote:
[...]

Everyone is impressed with the bravery "Reggie" exhibits here. So brave,
he won't even tell us what brand, model, and year of boat he allegedly
drives. Now that's bravery.
Senior Member

wrote:
harry krause wrote:
[...]

puts out when you are actually afraid.- Hide quoted text -

I am never apprehensive, that will get you hurt, that is my point. I
am very scared of a few of the many horses I deal with, really scared,
but if I approach them with a purpose and "work" them and handle them
the way they are used to being worked, with confidence (even faked),
they will react to that above any reaction they have to my fear, even
though I do not doubt at all that they sense it. If I were to get
apprehensive or change the routine because of my fear, that's when the
trouble starts.

We got a stallion at the barn, men are not allowed to deal with, he
just doesn't like men. I have moved the horse a couple of times, today
was one. I got him to the stall and started taking off the halter and
he reared back (not toward me) so I stood in, told him to calm down,
stepped into him and continued to undress him. Trust me I was scared
****less the whole time, but he reacted to my actions, not my
emotion... I try not to think about it until after.. then only to see
if I could have done something better. At the same time, I find that I
like the adreaneline shock too

HK wrote:

Everyone is impressed with the bravery "Reggie" exhibits here. So brave,
he won't even tell us what brand, model, and year of boat he allegedly
drives. Now that's bravery.

Harry,
You need to come up with something new, this is getting old. The real
question why do you care what my name is, what boat brand and model and
year my boat is? You are not going to believe anything I say so why bother.

HK HK is offline

HK wrote:

Everyone is impressed with the bravery "Reggie" exhibits here. So
brave, he won't even tell us what brand, model, and year of boat he
allegedly drives. Now that's bravery.

Harry,
You need to come up with something new, this is getting old. The real
question why do you care what my name is, what boat brand and model and
year my boat is? You are not going to believe anything I say so why
bother.

The real question is why are you such a pussy that you won't provide
details on the boat you allegedly own? And of course, since you won't
provide details on your boat, why do you feel compelled to criticize the
boats of others?

Reggie likes to "dish it out," but he sure can't take it, eh?

HK wrote:

Everyone is impressed with the bravery "Reggie" exhibits here. So
brave, he won't even tell us what brand, model, and year of boat he
allegedly drives. Now that's bravery.

Harry,
You need to come up with something new, this is getting old. The real
question why do you care what my name is, what boat brand and model
and year my boat is? You are not going to believe anything I say so
why bother.

The real question is why are you such a pussy that you won't provide
details on the boat you allegedly own? And of course, since you won't
provide details on your boat, why do you feel compelled to criticize the
boats of others?

Reggie likes to "dish it out," but he sure can't take it, eh?

No, I can take it. In fact, when you are creative, I actually find it
funny. I don't care if you want to keep this up, it just is boring, but
it doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

Carry on! Make it work!

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:40:19 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:50:47 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Harry, why all the name changes?

How do you know it's Harry?

--Vic

Smart.
--
John H

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:58:36 -0500, " JimH" ask wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

" JimH" ask
wrote in message

You folks really know how to pile it on.

Time to drop it already.............

http://www.eisboch.com/snowmoon.gif

Eisboch

Whatever.

You just uttered the most famous word in an 8th grade classroom! Did you
know that?
--
John H

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:55:30 -0500, HK wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:33:28 -0500, HK wrote:

It doesn't bother me when the newsgroup "snarks" attempt to pile on.

What does your Oxford English Dictionary have to say about the
definition of "snark" ?

There is a risk that by over using certain words, they will lose their
impact.

It says, "c.f., Wayne B. or Reggie the A**hole."

Whew! I was worried there for a minute.
--
John H

Low transoms again Steve P General 39 August 20th 07 12:43 AM
OT Greek restuarant cited for bad meat. Ted Bell ASA 0 March 16th 07 07:59 PM
Boater cited for presence at a dangerous bar.... [email protected] General 35 June 5th 05 05:01 PM
Small Used Outboards in Tampa Area? Robert Cruising 1 November 5th 04 11:55 PM
cutaway transoms Parallax Cruising 4 April 22nd 04 07:58 PM