Dan Dan is offline

Default Why Small Outboards Sink - Low Transoms Cited

HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"harry krause" wrote in message
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
From Docksider Reports:
I am trying to figure out what possible advantage an LT boat offers.
Why wouldn't they include an engine well, it can't be that expensive.

Only an inexperienced boater would believe that the splash guard on a
small outboard boat is going to keep water off the deck.

Come on Harry. You know as well as the rest of us that there's a big
difference between a splash guard and an engine well.

Eisboch

I've seen engine wells on boats larger than mine that hold about two
quarts of water and would not stop any significant "splash" come over
the transom.

That would not make them engine wells. Try again.
Dan Dan is offline

JimH wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

My model Parker is available with a "splash board" that would repel
backwash and keep it out of the cockpit. I know of one guy who ordered
it with his boat, on the 21' pilothouse model. He removed it. They're
just not necessary, except, maybe to guys who imagine they boat on
Lake LAnier with imaginary boats.
You have got to be kidding. An otherwise reputable boat manufacturer
like Parker offers a "splash board"?
Why don't they just build it right to begin with?

Splash boards are an apology for poor engineering and design.

Eisboch

Why would I want to give up 2' of usable boat at the stern for something
as silly and useless as a "motor well"? The notched transom design is a
desired feature for fishermen who like utilitarian boats and don't like
to give up valuable real estate for something that only gets in the way
of fishing. You don't really think a bitty motor well is going to keep
the ocean out of a small boat. There are dozens of boats manufactured
for fishermen with transom designs similar to the one on my Parker.

I suppose if you are an inexperienced boater you'd think the motor well
design adds something.
I guess if you consider Eisboch a inexperienced boater, you probably
would also consider Grady-White and Boston Whaler inexperienced
boat builders. They both use motor wells for their boats, including
their smaller models.

edit

The big question is..........why do you continue to have a hard on for
Harry?

Eh?

The bigger question is why you are so compelled to defend his moronic posts.

Eh?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:30:24 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
[email protected] wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:58:54 -0500, HK wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:32:25 -0500, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

Harry, when you're 'drift fishing', don't you mostly just sit?

Nope. I'm not that proficient with a fly rod that I can cast and
retrieve sitting down. Usually, I'm standing at the gunnels forward of
the center console.

Wow. I thought you did your drift fishing for bottom feeders, like
croakers, flounder, etc. I had no idea you were fly fishing.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm flounder .... I don't know what a croaker is, but it
doesn't sound as good as flounder.

Croakers go 'croak, croak' when you talk nicely to them.

http://tinyurl.com/ywfu5q

They're not bad eating, but a little on the watery side. I like to fillet
them, bread them, and deep fry the fillets, thus making 'croaker fingers'.
With enough Frank's Red Hot Sauce, they're pretty doggone tasty.

--
John H

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. When baitfish are jumping nearby and
conditions are right, I cut off the engine and drift or at least cast
towards the action.

Yeah, I always keep a light spinning rod handy for those 'breaker' moments.
I usually don't catch anything worth keeping, but it's lots of fun.
--
John H
Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:

Everyone is impressed with the bravery "Reggie" exhibits here. So brave,
he won't even tell us what brand, model, and year of boat he allegedly
drives. Now that's bravery.

You keep dwelling on that yet you insist you have a lobster boat. How
narcissistic of you, putz.

Default Just when you think you've heard it all....

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:29:33 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
[email protected] wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:38:57 -0500, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:59:35 -0500, "D-unit" cof42_AT_embarqmail.com
wrote:

I will tell you, that unlike you, I didn't feel like I was going to crap
in my pants.
Sometimes it's fun to almost **** your pants.
db~I may spend some quality time pondering this today. I guess it *depends*
~~ snerk ~~
Where's my new fishing rod?
I left it in your boat.

You might think that he won't be able to tell it isn't there till next
spring, but in reality all he has to do it peak in through that big hole
in the transom, and then AHHH HAA,you lied. You need to do better than
that.

Unless...

unless...

IT SLID OUT OF THE BOAT THROUGH THE TRANSOM!

Darn, and it was such a nice fishing rod. I was surprised that he also
included a Shimano reel along with the rod.

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:44:56 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
[email protected] wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:58:36 -0500, " JimH" ask wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
" JimH" ask
wrote in message
You folks really know how to pile it on.

Time to drop it already.............

http://www.eisboch.com/snowmoon.gif

Eisboch

Whatever.

You just uttered the most famous word in an 8th grade classroom! Did you
know that?

Whaaaaaaaattttttttevvvverrrrr.

Damn, you're good. You got it perfectly. I hope you had an appropriate
sneer on your face also!

Been there done that.

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

I really don't like fried fish, but with enough Hot Sauce you can make
road kill taste good..

[email protected] wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:58:36 -0500, " JimH" ask wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
" JimH" ask
wrote in message
You folks really know how to pile it on.

Time to drop it already.............

http://www.eisboch.com/snowmoon.gif

Eisboch

Whatever.

You just uttered the most famous word in an 8th grade classroom! Did you
know that?

Whaaaaaaaattttttttevvvverrrrr.

Damn, you're good. You got it perfectly. I hope you had an appropriate
sneer on your face also!
--
John H

Get a room and consummate your 'union'!

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

If you use a sinking line, you can get below the baitfish to where
what's chasing them is located...

Typically, stripers or blues around here.

Low transoms again Steve P General 39 August 20th 07 12:43 AM
OT Greek restuarant cited for bad meat. Ted Bell ASA 0 March 16th 07 07:59 PM
Boater cited for presence at a dangerous bar.... [email protected] General 35 June 5th 05 05:01 PM
Small Used Outboards in Tampa Area? Robert Cruising 1 November 5th 04 11:55 PM
cutaway transoms Parallax Cruising 4 April 22nd 04 07:58 PM