Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Looking for a used, in good shape, Volvo Penta AQ manifold

I am looking for the manifold that is made by Volvo with separate
chambers for each cylinder which run all the way down the throat of
the manifold. It is galvanized and sells new for $700, that is why I
am looking
for a used one. The new manifolds from Osco sell for only $230, but
don't have the separate chambers.

I'll be putting the good manifold on my 198719 ft Bayliner that has
an AQ131A four banger, gas efficient, yellowtail killing machine.

I am rebuilding it because the original manifold with the single
chamber caused water to be sucked into the rear piston and caused a
valve to crack. Luckily I shut her down immediately when I heard the
wicked noise she made and the cylinder was not damaged. I am
replacing the head and a piston and putting in new rings.

I understand that Volvo made this separate chambered manifold because
the aforementioned problem was occuring on many of the AQ engines.

Volvo Penta 39; Req. for Doc. H. Overbeek General 1 January 8th 09 02:55 PM
Volvo Penta Gordon General 1 August 20th 06 08:57 PM
Need Exhaust Manifold (volvo MD7A) Steve Cruising 1 September 16th 05 03:36 PM
WTB MDIIB Volvo engine, must be in good shape in Bay Area CA MLapla4120 Marketplace 0 March 24th 04 11:49 PM
'97 Volvo Penta SX Cobra Sterndrive any good? GPRVET General 1 March 7th 04 02:15 PM