Steve

Default Need Exhaust Manifold (volvo MD7A)

I've installed a couple of these little 16hp engines for friends, in boat
around 30ft and they seem to be well suited as diesel replacements for the
ole Atomic4.

Major part seem to be a problem but until now, I have been able to find what
was needed.

I now have a nice MD7A that must have had the cooling water freeze up in the
exhaust manifold. The rest of the engine is complete and running.

I hate to part this engine out when it could give someone many more years of
service..

Anyone have a MD7A sitting around for parts, etc??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

rhys

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:56:45 -0700, "Steve" wrote:

I've installed a couple of these little 16hp engines for friends, in boat
around 30ft and they seem to be well suited as diesel replacements for the
ole Atomic4.

Major part seem to be a problem but until now, I have been able to find what
was needed.

I now have a nice MD7A that must have had the cooling water freeze up in the
exhaust manifold. The rest of the engine is complete and running.

I hate to part this engine out when it could give someone many more years of
service..

Anyone have a MD7A sitting around for parts, etc??

No, unfortunately. But I have what I believe to be an exhaust mixing
pipe (the pipe between the aft end of the manifold and whatever
flange/hose combo leads to the waterlock/waterlift) from probably the
same model of Volvo

It's painted green and very heavily built and it angles about 45
degrees downward. It fits the aft end of the Atomic 4 perfectly with
the standard gasket and as my galvanized iron mixing pipe is getting
old, I can see this Volvo part replacing it. It's exceptionally
well-built.

Are you sure that the manifold *must* be from a Volvo? It's likely, I
know, but perhaps alternatives exist. At least you know you can put an
Atomic 4 pipe on the end of it!

R.