RG RG is offline

Default Vista "turns" off kill switch

I just tried Netflix.com (had never been there before). It opened fine
(filled screen) using Firefox. IE displayed it exactly the same way.

As for Firefox ... I have it set to automatically update. The last was a
few days ago to version 2.0.0.11.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions but I think we've beaten this
issue into the ground.
Someday the reason will become apparent. In the meanwhile D.Duck's theory
seems to make a lot of sense.

I'll just keep using Ctrl+

One more whack at the dead horse, if you please. When I go to yahoo.com
using Firefox on my wide-screen notebook, I get the same experience as you.
However, I also use Yahoo as my home page, but I don't use the generic
yahoo.com page, I use a customized page that is accessed at my.yahoo.com.
Going to my.yahoo.com using Firefox displays my home page using all the real
estate of my wide-screen. Note that there is some sort of beta version for
my.yahoo going on, and I am *not* using the beta version, I'm using the old
version. Not sure if that makes any difference, but I thought I'd give you
a heads up. There are plenty of good reasons to customize your Yahoo home
page. You can configure it to include only the type of content you want to
see, and items such as weather and market data can be customized for your
particular location or portfolio, respectively. Yahoo provides a very easy
configuration tool for customizing your home page that is accessed from the
generic page at yahoo.com. You have to initially register with a login id
and a password, but once you set your my.yahoo page as your home page in
your browser, you never have to log in again, a cookie is saved to the HD.
I think this will not only solve your wide-screen issue, but will offer a
better home page solution in general, as well. Works for me.

RG

"RG" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Great suggestion. As a matter of fact, I *do* have a old custom Yahoo page
setup that I had forgotten about. I'll give it a try when I go home and use
the wide screen laptop. (On the boat tonight).

It was interesting trying to figure out why some pages display differently
in different browsers.
Still a bit of a mystery.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"RG" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

It's all in the eyes of the coder.

"Jeffrey Boyd" is an anagram of "Midget Runt" in Japanese Steve Leyland ASA 5 October 21st 07 03:54 PM
Vista SP1 "on the way" D-unit General 1 April 16th 07 09:23 PM
Battery with "Double the Power" or that takes up "Half the Space" Bart ASA 2 December 6th 06 12:26 AM
Marinco 15 Amp "Marine Grade" 120VAC Receptical v. Leviton "terrestrial grade" Bob Boat Building 6 April 3rd 06 04:24 PM