Default Ranger hull work...

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 06:53:20 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:54:36 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Nov 29, 4:15 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
Sandblasted the bottom paint today - looks good.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/IMG_0010.JPG

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/IMG_0011.JPG

Next, a different grit to get the rest of the paint off, then it's
sanding and coating with some kind of new vinyl ester paint -
supposed
to be better than gel coat.

WHOO HOO!!

Now the hull will be all white - like real boats should be. :)
If you were re-doing the hull of a real boat, you would be in the
dirt, pounding cotton
That's for dorks.
What did the boat look like before you blasted it with sand?

http://www.swsports.org/images/Ranger/Ranger02.JPG

DAMN I can see why you are spending money fixing up that boat, it looks
like it Belongs to a Baltimore Whore trolling the docks.

NOT

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:17:23 -0500, "Eisboch"

. ..

wrote:

What did the boat look like before you blasted it with sand?

http://www.swsports.org/images/Ranger/Ranger02.JPG

And here's how it looks now ....

http://tinyurl.com/34vgzd

Ha ha

Very funny

Ha ha :)

It was!

wrote:
Sandblasted the bottom paint today - looks good.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/IMG_0010.JPG

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/IMG_0011.JPG

Next, a different grit to get the rest of the paint off, then it's
sanding and coating with some kind of new vinyl ester paint - supposed
to be better than gel coat.

WHOO HOO!!

Now the hull will be all white - like real boats should be. :)

Tell me more about the vinyl ester paint. Better than gel coat how?
And how is it applied?

To be honest, I don't even know if it's vinyl ester - that's what I
think he said when I asked about having the old paint taken off and
replaced or even re-gel coated and return the hull to all white. It
could be something different. I'll ask again though.

As to application, it's sprayed, sanded, sprayed again then finish
sand, polish with Finesse-It II - presto, back to normal.- Hide quoted text -

Interesting, I'll have to look into it. Do you have a brand name yet?

wrote:
[...]

No, but I do know it's an Interlux product. Something new they are
getting ready to promote this coming season.

Maybe Chuck knows what it is and has a product release.

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:17:44 -0800, "Calif Bill"

.. .

wrote:

What did the boat look like before you blasted it with sand?

http://www.swsports.org/images/Ranger/Ranger02.JPG

And here's how it looks now ....

http://tinyurl.com/34vgzd

Ha ha

Very funny

Ha ha :)

It was!

Yes it was - notice the ha ha? :)

Senior Member

wrote:
[...]

Interesting, I'll have to look into it. Do you have a brand name yet?- Hide quoted text -

They have been using it for laminating and finish at LBI industries in
Groton CT. for a long time. The owner (Pete??) knows his **** and
everything they sell, they use. If you have any questions, you could
probably give this guy a call, or SW could take a quick trip down and
see him. Um, his name is Pete Legnos, should be listed as LBI,or
Legnos Boat... Last I knew they had some third party webad, but they
could have a site by now...

Ranger 24 Thom Stewart ASA 0 May 16th 06 04:43 AM
Ranger 26 Zanthus General 1 April 19th 04 03:04 AM
Ranger 29 Byron Knight Cruising 1 October 11th 03 06:29 AM
request for recommended "brand/model" of thru-hull depth transducerfor GRP hull ? Courtney Thomas Cruising 3 September 12th 03 11:27 AM