Courtney Thomas

Default request for recommended "brand/model" of thru-hull depth transducerfor GRP hull ?

Economy and durability are being sought here.
Thank you.
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny

LaBomba182

Default request for recommended "brand/model" of thru-hull depth transducer

Economy and durability are being sought here.
Thank you.
--

"Economy AND durability"

You really are a true sail boater. :-)

In most cases you pick from the ones recommended by the manufacturer of the
depth finder you intend on using.

Capt. Bill
Bruce Woodburn

I believe any transducer is a "through hull" if it's epoxied to the inside
of the hull. GRP has the same sound velocity as water and there is almost no
signal loss. I know one boater who glued it to the inside of the wooden keel
of his boat. It worked fine, even though it was "looking through" 14" of
wood.

Bruce

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
Economy and durability are being sought here.
Thank you.
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny
lying Oriental, NC

Keith

DON'T get anything from Standard Horizon... POS. Humminbird and Lowrance are
good brands. Based on my recent experience with Raymarine, I'd steer away
from that one too.

Now you specifically said transducer... I think there is only one or two
major manufacturers of those, but I can't remember the name.

--

Keith
__