posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Happiness is...

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:08:17 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

Nice report. Sounds like good times, especially feeling it warm up.
Have a good trip.

--Vic
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week

for the
holiday. Two hours in the plane and they're here.

But they don't get to wake anybody.

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
HK HK is offline

Scotty wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week

for the
holiday. Two hours in the plane and they're here.

But they don't get to wake anybody.

Nope, and they don't waste their time going 8 miles an hour getting here.
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week for the holiday.
Two hours in the plane and they're here.

Two hours on a packed plane sandwiched like sardines in a can, 2 hours
standing in the security line holding your shoes. 2 hours getting to and
from the airport. And traveling by air around Thanksgiving?

No thanks.

You couldn't get me within 20 miles of a commercial airplane now-a-days. A
peaceful, one month cruise down the coast in a boat, enjoying the sights,
doing the navigation, and exploring new ports is my kind of travel.

Eisboch

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Scotty wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week

for the
holiday. Two hours in the plane and they're here.

But they don't get to wake anybody.

Nope, and they don't waste their time going 8 miles an hour getting here.

Nope they waste 6 hours in airport security lines.

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:15:32 -0500, HK wrote:

We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week for the
holiday. Two hours in the plane and they're here.

Hope they're on a private jet so they don't have the security hassel
at the airport and take off delays, along with the crying kid behind
them kicking the seat and punching their sibling.

If they are carrying as much "stuff" as we are, they'd need a 747
freighter.
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:55:09 -0500, HK wrote:

Scotty wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week

for the
holiday. Two hours in the plane and they're here.

But they don't get to wake anybody.

Nope, and they don't waste their time going 8 miles an hour getting here.

That marks a fundamental difference between us, one of many.

I have *never* regarded any time spent on a boat as wasted.

(presently crossing the Charleston shipping lanes at 5:52AM)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 05:53:01 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:55:09 -0500, HK wrote:

Scotty wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week
for the
holiday. Two hours in the plane and they're here.

But they don't get to wake anybody.

Nope, and they don't waste their time going 8 miles an hour getting here.

That marks a fundamental difference between us, one of many.

I have *never* regarded any time spent on a boat as wasted.

(presently crossing the Charleston shipping lanes at 5:52AM)

Made decent time.

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:55:09 -0500, HK wrote:

Scotty wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week
for the
holiday. Two hours in the plane and they're here.

But they don't get to wake anybody.

Nope, and they don't waste their time going 8 miles an hour getting here.

That marks a fundamental difference between us, one of many.

I have *never* regarded any time spent on a boat as wasted.

(presently crossing the Charleston shipping lanes at 5:52AM)

Ahhh so you are one of those people who enjoy boating.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:18:17 -0500, Reginald Smithers III
wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:55:09 -0500, HK wrote:

Scotty wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
We've got some guests coming north from Florida this week
for the
holiday. Two hours in the plane and they're here.

But they don't get to wake anybody.

Nope, and they don't waste their time going 8 miles an hour getting here.

That marks a fundamental difference between us, one of many.

I have *never* regarded any time spent on a boat as wasted.

(presently crossing the Charleston shipping lanes at 5:52AM)

Ahhh so you are one of those people who enjoy boating.

As am I.

Boating - manly men on a manly boat manly boating.