posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Happiness is...

wrote in message
On Nov 30, 7:54 pm, "Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)"
wrote:
wrote in message

It'll be another couple months to go, but I imagine Dad and I will do
some
experimenting with fuel consumption in the GB42, with both engines
throttled
back & one enging at a time shut down (probably alternating every
couple
hours). Any ideas of where to look for appropriate fuel flow meters
for
these?

I think this is the unit that I saw in Tonga:
http://www.navman.com/Navman/Templat...____22129.aspx

-- Tom.

Hey, thanks! This looks like more than I had imagined. Should be a good
addition.

Glenn.

You are welcome. I was very impressed by it. I wish they made one
that worked with my little diesels.

-- Tom.

I had the same thought. This'll work great on Dad's GB...but my little
4-108 is far too tiny for this thing...but I burn very little fuel really,
so am not as concerned about consumption.

Glenn.
s/v Seawing.

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

tOn Sat, 1 Dec 2007 06:38:47 -0800 (PST), Terry K
wrote:

The hot grids referred to are resistance loads used to dissipate the
energy produced by the dynamic electric braking action employed as
part of the engine braking system.

Terry K

Thanks I always wondered what the guy was talking about. He was really
knowledgable about trains right up to the engine.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)