Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default $$%%^ 'merican boat trailer

Lord thunderin' Jesus......
what a hassle over a $500.00 used boat trailer.
After having two inspections done... one federal and the other provincial..
and the form being faxed four times to the Registar of Imported Vehicles....
I received a letter today threatening me with a $2K fine and six months in
jail if I didn't send the trailer back to the US.

problems...
...the original form had a 'best before date ' of Oct 19 and by the time the
3rd & 4th copies were faxed... the due date was passed
...The mechanic put some kind of secret code to represent the date he did the
inspection.. not deciphrable by me or the gov't people
...mechanic didn't tick boxes or add info that referred to lights, tire
manufacturer, tire type max load rating or inflation pressure
This will be my 4th visit to the garage and the 5th fax sent.
#$$%%$^$%# gov't crap.
They could have at least told me the problems instead of just saying they
didn't have the form. Hell, I would have had it re-tested at another
Canadian Tire store.
Don't even ask me how hard it is to reach them by phone...............