Don White Don White is offline

Default $$%%^ 'merican boat trailer

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 15:11:40 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

My problem was an incompetent mechanic

Well, there's your problem. I had suspicions when he flagged those
chain retainers as "bad".

That was mechanic #2 for the provincial MVI.
The 'inspector' for imported vehicles works for a national hardware/tire &
auto parts store.
Somehow Canadian Tire Corp got the contract to do this work.
You'll get a kick out of this.......
I asked him about the odd inspection date notation... it looked like Nov 20
2007 rather than Sept 20 2007.
He re-wrote it on my copy as ..you guessed it.. Nov 20 2007...
I asked him why. and he said that's when he sent the 2nd fax. I reminded
him that was impossible and he got riled up. (We expect some snow this
weekend and everybody & their dog wants their snow tires mounted now making
the garage a tad busy).
He grumbled that he never had any trouble with trailers before and stapled
his business card to the form...saying they can call him if they have any
more problems.
So he faxes the form again with Nov 20 as the inspection date. If I get
gov't grief on this...I'll go directly to the store manager. I gave the
inspector a break because I went to school with one of his uncles...... but
I can only suffer him so much.