Default $$%%^ 'merican boat trailer

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:37:08 GMT, "Canuck57"
wrote:

My guess though is at $500 you got something that is not seaworthy, a
trailer with bald tires and a severely rusted frame. Useful for parts at
best. Probably late with the paperwork too.

And your guess would be so freakin' wrong it would make your head spin
in circles.

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:49:20 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message

My guess though is at $500 you got something that is not seaworthy, a
trailer with bald tires and a severely rusted frame. Useful for parts at
best. Probably late with the paperwork too.

And as most boaters know, better to buy a good motor as no manufacturer
comes out to the lake to fix it.

Heh...heh....heh.... har...har...har .....

It was pretty funny wasn't it?

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:20:30 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

My guess though is at $500 you got something that is not seaworthy, a
trailer with bald tires and a severely rusted frame. Useful for parts at
best. Probably late with the paperwork too.

And as most boaters know, better to buy a good motor as no manufacturer
comes out to the lake to fix it.

Any guesses as to Tom's response? :)

You know what they say about guesses. :)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 15:11:40 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

My problem was an incompetent mechanic

Well, there's your problem. I had suspicions when he flagged those
chain retainers as "bad".

"Don White" wrote in message

What ever happened to free trade? The damn thing was built to
American and Canadian standards - that sticker on the tongue has a
Canadian safety stamp on it I believe - whatever the approval agency
is in Canada.

snip...

Ever since our loonie topped the yankee dollah, more & more people are
shopping south of the border for what appears to be deals for us.
The difference in price of comparable new vehicles is quite large on
favour of the US.
It's almost as if the Canadian distributors think our dollar is still only
worth .66 US rather than 1.06.
People are starting to think there is a conspiracy to make it tough for
Canadians to pick up a deal stateside and import back to Canada.
Here's a new twist...
http://www.reportonbusiness.com/serv.../Business/home

Leave it to the government RIV program to screw Canadians. Almost seams as
if RIV is in Jim Pattison's pocket, in my opinion.

Besides, I wouldn't buy a GM vehicle. Hahahaha. And if I did, make it a
2007 to beat this.

Sounds like we need to write our MPs and see if they like the job they have.
Ask them to put a leash on RIV and GM.

Plus I bet it is an option in the US, maybe even retrofit.

But nice find! One does have to do the research.

--------
For our American friends, RIV is like the CRTC, but they like telling us
what to drive like the CRTC likes to tell us what to watch. Isn't it so
dumb? RIV in the big boys pockets I say.

Senior Member

On Nov 9, 12:37 pm, "Canuck57" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

For boats, it is simple:

1) Do your research.

I think everyone is being nice as it is apparent you did not follow
the origional threads, no biggie but they did do all the research, or
so they thought. The problem seems to be a paperwork problem up there,
probably human error...

My guess though is at $500 you got something that is not seaworthy, a
trailer with bald tires and a severely rusted frame. Useful for parts at
best. Probably late with the paperwork too.

Could not be more wrong. Tom sold Don the boat motor and trailer, all
frekin' mint, I have been in the boat less than a couple of months
ago. All three components could be waxed up and sold as new.. When Don
said 500 for the trailer, he may have been a little low, a new one
like it here might be 6-650. I assume you also were not aware that we
are talking about a small galvanized trailer for a three hundred pound
boat and motor, less than 16 feet long.. New, like I said, maybe
600. Anyway, now you are up to date.. Hope this helps..

And as most boaters know, better to buy a good motor as no manufacturer
comes out to the lake to fix it.- Hide quoted text -

"Canuck57" wrote in message

My guess though is at $500 you got something that is not seaworthy, a
trailer with bald tires and a severely rusted frame. Useful for parts
at
best. Probably late with the paperwork too.

And as most boaters know, better to buy a good motor as no manufacturer
comes out to the lake to fix it.

Heh...heh....heh.... har...har...har .....

It was pretty funny wasn't it?

It's kinda refreshing to know that our government beuracracies are not any
worse than others.

Eisboch

"Don White" wrote in message

What ever happened to free trade? The damn thing was built to
American and Canadian standards - that sticker on the tongue has a
Canadian safety stamp on it I believe - whatever the approval agency
is in Canada.

snip...

Ever since our loonie topped the yankee dollah, more & more people are
shopping south of the border for what appears to be deals for us.
The difference in price of comparable new vehicles is quite large on
favour of the US.
It's almost as if the Canadian distributors think our dollar is still only
worth .66 US rather than 1.06.
People are starting to think there is a conspiracy to make it tough for
Canadians to pick up a deal stateside and import back to Canada.
Here's a new twist...
http://www.reportonbusiness.com/serv.../Business/home

Canadians should visit
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Comp....aspx?Menu=HOC

Then write our MPs to put a leash on RIV and make it real easy to buy a US
made vehicle. Then we will get fair pricing. Remember, we have a minority
government, they might be more responsive than usual.

I refuse to buy Canadian until the prices are equal. Canadians and
Americans are equal.

wrote:

My problem was an incompetent mechanic

Well, there's your problem. I had suspicions when he flagged those
chain retainers as "bad".

That was mechanic #2 for the provincial MVI.
The 'inspector' for imported vehicles works for a national hardware/tire &
auto parts store.
Somehow Canadian Tire Corp got the contract to do this work.
You'll get a kick out of this.......
I asked him about the odd inspection date notation... it looked like Nov 20
2007 rather than Sept 20 2007.
He re-wrote it on my copy as ..you guessed it.. Nov 20 2007...
I asked him why. and he said that's when he sent the 2nd fax. I reminded
him that was impossible and he got riled up. (We expect some snow this
weekend and everybody & their dog wants their snow tires mounted now making
the garage a tad busy).
He grumbled that he never had any trouble with trailers before and stapled
his business card to the form...saying they can call him if they have any
more problems.
So he faxes the form again with Nov 20 as the inspection date. If I get
gov't grief on this...I'll go directly to the store manager. I gave the
inspector a break because I went to school with one of his uncles...... but
I can only suffer him so much.

wrote:

My guess though is at $500 you got something that is not seaworthy, a
trailer with bald tires and a severely rusted frame. Useful for parts at
best. Probably late with the paperwork too.

And your guess would be so freakin' wrong it would make your head spin
in circles.

I'll show him a picture to clarify.
He may even think I got the whole package for $500.00........
note: the $500 was only a value I asigned to the trailer portion of the
boat/motor/trailer combo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nsenumbers.jpg