Default Another quality boat manufacturer sells out.

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:18:23 -0800, "Calif Bill"

.. .
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 21:14:23 -0500, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:17:39 -0500, Dan intrceptor@gmaildotcom
wrote:

HK wrote:

One of the most appealing aspects of my little 21' Parker is that the
bare hull weighs about 2900 pounds. Lighter deep vee boats of the same
length and width "bounce" a hell of a lot more.
You should have considered one of these if you really believe hull
weight is that much of an advantage. Note the *full* transom complete
with a bracket.

http://www.dusky.com/boats/dus203xf.html

BTW- They come in white.

I like the looks of that 33 Fisharound.

Don't care much for the brackets.

You wouldn't like the fit and finish on those boats, or the aluminum
railings on most of the models.

I've never seen one.

I'm not a big fan of brackets though and those look like the kind that
I particularly don't like.

A few of the guys around here have bought Defiance Boats
http://www.defianceboats.com/

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

http://tinyurl.com/yuhols

On take off, that whole bracket will be under water and about half
that engine cowling.

It can't be helped.

They are happy with them and about $25k less than a Parker. And they have a
Transom.

Most boats do. :)

wrote:

HK wrote:

[...]

Kind of an ugly house, though.

http://tinyurl.com/2kv63

Oh that's nice Harry - Swinger's Clubs in the UK?

WTF? :)

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:31:35 -0500, HK wrote:

wrote:

HK wrote:

[...]

http://tinyurl.com/2kv63r

Weird...that shortened url ain't workin'

http://tinyurl.com/2kv63r

Nice looking boat - a little too much cabin for my taste.
Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:
Dan wrote:
HK wrote:

One of the most appealing aspects of my little 21' Parker is that the
bare hull weighs about 2900 pounds. Lighter deep vee boats of the
same length and width "bounce" a hell of a lot more.

You should have considered one of these if you really believe hull
weight is that much of an advantage. Note the *full* transom complete
with a bracket.

http://www.dusky.com/boats/dus203xf.html

BTW- They come in white.

Maybe *you* would, but I like nicely finished boats with visible
quality. Dusky boats are sturdy, but they are not finished that well,
and they use cheesy hardware. Good enough for Dingy Dan, but not for me.

As always, Dan, go f*** yourself, and have fun doing it.

Nice, Krause. You should print your responses for your wife's review.
Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:
Dan wrote:
HK wrote:

Sitting in an oversized old tub of a GB is not my kind of boating.
It wasn't then, and it isn't now.

So the lobster boat was...a LIE?

Who would have thought...

Since you have a reading problem, I snipped out the confusing stuff
for you.

As always, Dan, go f*** yourself, and have a nice time.

So that's a yes. At least you finally can admit you are a damn
narcissistic liar.

Dan Dan is offline

wrote:

HK wrote:

One of the most appealing aspects of my little 21' Parker is that the
bare hull weighs about 2900 pounds. Lighter deep vee boats of the same
length and width "bounce" a hell of a lot more.

You should have considered one of these if you really believe hull
weight is that much of an advantage. Note the *full* transom complete
with a bracket.

http://www.dusky.com/boats/dus203xf.html

BTW- They come in white.

I like the looks of that 33 Fisharound.

Don't care much for the brackets.

They aren't connected with a particular OB manufacturer and I have seen
several with Evinrudes.

wrote:

HK wrote:

One of the most appealing aspects of my little 21' Parker is that the
bare hull weighs about 2900 pounds. Lighter deep vee boats of the same
length and width "bounce" a hell of a lot more.
You should have considered one of these if you really believe hull
weight is that much of an advantage. Note the *full* transom complete
with a bracket.

http://www.dusky.com/boats/dus203xf.html

BTW- They come in white.

I like the looks of that 33 Fisharound.

Don't care much for the brackets.

They aren't connected with a particular OB manufacturer and I have seen
several with Evinrudes.

Anything with Evinrudes is fine by me. :)

Just looking around, I've noticed that a lot of smaller boat
manufacturer's are using brackets on their boats.

I wonder if they are changing the design of the hulls to compensate?

wrote:

HK wrote:

[...]

Alaska Bulkhead. Where the weather gets cold.

Dan Dan is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

BTW- They come in white.
I like the looks of that 33 Fisharound.

Don't care much for the brackets.

They aren't connected with a particular OB manufacturer and I have seen
several with Evinrudes.

Anything with Evinrudes is fine by me. :)

Just looking around, I've noticed that a lot of smaller boat
manufacturer's are using brackets on their boats.

I wonder if they are changing the design of the hulls to compensate?

Dusky has brackets on almost all of their boats. It really looks odd on
their 19'...

http://www.dusky.com/boats/dus19.html

Boat Equipment -- Quality is Poor [email protected] Cruising 7 November 22nd 05 01:24 PM
Boat Quality/Opinion Sources Wklkj General 1 January 26th 04 02:48 PM
Boat Quality.... Bobsprit ASA 18 October 30th 03 10:24 PM
Bombardier sells rec vehicle business Larry W4CSC General 25 September 1st 03 10:14 PM
Icelander Manufacturer Gordon Jago UK Power Boats 0 July 29th 03 05:52 PM