Default What's better...rotary or rack and pinion steering?

What would be the better steering system for a 17' skiff...rack and pinion
or rotary steering. Is there much difference between the two?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:21:58 -0400, "Froggie"
wrote:

What would be the better steering system for a 17' skiff...rack and pinion
or rotary steering. Is there much difference between the two?

Rotary. Less space, easy to install and relatively maintenance free.

I redid a 17' Boston Whaler Sport five years ago - replaced the
steering which had frozen up.

Piece of cake. Cheaper too.

On Oct 30, 9:21 pm, "Froggie" wrote:
What would be the better steering system for a 17' skiff...rack and pinion
or rotary steering. Is there much difference between the two?

I dont know...my rack and pinion doesnt take up much room....
Over and Under, as I think of when you refer to rotary, IMO would be
more precise.

S.

rack pinion steering Midlant General 2 May 31st 07 06:13 AM
Rotary Steering on Whaler Montauk [email protected] General 4 May 25th 07 09:34 PM
Cobra Rack & Pinion: any Comments Cruising 1 March 7th 07 01:18 AM
Rotary Sails Gary Warner General 2 May 6th 04 02:30 AM
rotary GJ Walsh Boat Building 0 January 29th 04 12:17 AM