Default Maps (Was: River Cleanup near Deale, MD.)

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:54:11 -0400, HK wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2k5d36

That's a nice map. Lately I haven't had much luck finding good maps
on the net - coastal, highway, you name it.
Might probably be my brain just isn't working right.
Do you - or anyone else - have favorite sites for maps.
Might be good to post the links. Yeah, it's me asking, but everybody
might benefit. I'll sure bookmark them, and I never lose bookmarks.

--Vic

You might try Google Maps.

Personally I use Microsoft Streets and Trips and DeLorme Street Atlas USA.
I keep them on my notebook for times when the Internet is not available. I
also have GPS capability with both programs.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:57:02 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:54:11 -0400, HK wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2k5d36

That's a nice map. Lately I haven't had much luck finding good maps
on the net - coastal, highway, you name it.
Might probably be my brain just isn't working right.
Do you - or anyone else - have favorite sites for maps.
Might be good to post the links. Yeah, it's me asking, but everybody
might benefit. I'll sure bookmark them, and I never lose bookmarks.

--Vic

You might try Google Maps.

Personally I use Microsoft Streets and Trips and DeLorme Street Atlas USA.
I keep them on my notebook for times when the Internet is not available. I
also have GPS capability with both programs.

I might go that route instead of horsing around trying to find what I
want on the net. I had Streets years ago when it first came out, but
think I gave it away. Thanks for the reminder.

--Vic
HK HK is offline

Vic Smith wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:54:11 -0400, HK wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2k5d36

That's a nice map. Lately I haven't had much luck finding good maps
on the net - coastal, highway, you name it.
Might probably be my brain just isn't working right.
Do you - or anyone else - have favorite sites for maps.
Might be good to post the links. Yeah, it's me asking, but everybody
might benefit. I'll sure bookmark them, and I never lose bookmarks.

--Vic

Screen cap from microsoft streets and trips.
Software program on my computer.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:18:48 -0400, HK wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:54:11 -0400, HK wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2k5d36

That's a nice map. Lately I haven't had much luck finding good maps
on the net - coastal, highway, you name it.
Might probably be my brain just isn't working right.
Do you - or anyone else - have favorite sites for maps.
Might be good to post the links. Yeah, it's me asking, but everybody
might benefit. I'll sure bookmark them, and I never lose bookmarks.

--Vic

Screen cap from microsoft streets and trips.
Software program on my computer.

That's it then. I like that map, and assume Streets allows a measure
of zooming in/out to scale it to the area I'm interested in.
Is that right?

--Vic
HK HK is offline

Vic Smith wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:54:11 -0400, HK wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2k5d36

That's a nice map. Lately I haven't had much luck finding good maps
on the net - coastal, highway, you name it.
Might probably be my brain just isn't working right.
Do you - or anyone else - have favorite sites for maps.
Might be good to post the links. Yeah, it's me asking, but everybody
might benefit. I'll sure bookmark them, and I never lose bookmarks.

--Vic

Screen cap from microsoft streets and trips.
Software program on my computer.

That's it then. I like that map, and assume Streets allows a measure
of zooming in/out to scale it to the area I'm interested in.
Is that right?

--Vic

Yup. Stay away from the DeLorme package. It has a horrible interface.

From the sets of the town being posted in .scenic - chester 21-3-07 river boat river countess_cml size.jpg (1/1) BoilerBill[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 May 7th 07 09:17 AM
Coastal cleanup Frogwatch General 1 September 17th 06 04:51 AM
Coastal cleanup [email protected] General 1 September 18th 05 07:28 PM
Fender cleanup Michael ASA 5 July 12th 04 03:30 PM
cleanup on alum boat Derek General 3 May 30th 04 09:57 PM