Gary Warner

Default What color is the ocean?

What color is the ocean?

otnmbrd

Right now, in many S.Cal areas, it's "Rusty Red", better known as "Red Tide"

Gary Warner wrote:

What color is the ocean?

Jim Donohue

At all the times I find it interesting it is black with white trim. Other
that those times it is not important.

Jim

"Gary Warner" wrote in message
What color is the ocean?

noah

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:32:08 -0400, "Gary Warner"
wrote:

What color is the ocean?

Just last week, the FDA announced that red wine not only helped clear
the arteries, but helped keep your DNA from breaking down with age.

Since the announcement, I've been doing my damndest to catch up, since
I have never cared for red wine. 52 years of make-up.

The ocean is red, or at least, blurry.

noah
Larry W4CSC

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:32:08 -0400, "Gary Warner"
wrote:

What color is the ocean?

The most beautiful azure blue you can imagine 100 miles offshore. If
you landed on the planet out there, you'd never guess humans and
animals were crapping into it for millions of years.......

On our last trip up 80W from Titusville to Charleston (if you're
following along on your chart), a huge group of bottlenosed dolphins
provided us with a show Sea World cannot duplicate. I wonder where
"Flip", the big boy who did FIVE perfect backflips, coming out of the
water right side up and re-entering the water upside down, repeating
it 5 seconds later to the delight of all of us...is doing, tonight.
The jump show from the bow pulpit was simply amazing.....(c;

You MUST get out there.....nothing like it anywhere else on the
planet. Not another boat to the horizon for hours on end......

Larry W4CSC/MM2
Her Majesty's Sailing Vessel "Lionheart" (when the docs get here)
formerly Xanareva, whatever that meant....??

Larry W4CSC

Isn't it becoming more practical by the day to make
Iraq's desert the new World Nuclear Waste Disposal Site?

Calif Bill

Depends on temperature, and if you only get one day a month to go out. IF
only one day, it will be white and lumpy.
Bill

"Gary Warner" wrote in message
What color is the ocean?

Darryl Macdonald

Two Oceans makes both red and white.

"Gary Warner" wrote in message
What color is the ocean?

It depends on the color of the sky(cloudy, clear), the color of the
bottom(shallow water),and what is in the water(algae, micro-organisms,
silt, etc.) at your particular location. Not to mention your colored
sunglasses, and/or vision altering substances(some of which have been
previously mentioned in this thread), which can also have a significant
effect on what color the water appears to you. Tom.

David Ward

"D Smyth" wrote in message ...
: Why is a cat?
:
: ds

The only serviceable answers a
Because
and
Why not

Dave.

Gary Warner

"Gary Warner" wrote.
What color is the ocean?

Thanks all. I was talking with someone and mentioned rec.boats. They said
something like, "Man, those people are too much. They could argue about the
color of the ocean." ~ Glad to see so many good natured and humorous