Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Who knows what you fisher folk might be reeling in?

Deep-Sea Search Nets Rare Marine Life
By OLIVER TEVES,AP
Filed Under: Science News
MANILA, Philippines (Oct. 16) - Scientists exploring a deep ocean
basin in search of species isolated for millions of years found marine
life believed to be previously undiscovered, including a tentacled
orange worm and an unusual black jellyfish.

Project leader Dr. Larry Madin said Tuesday that U.S. and Philippine
scientists collected about 100 different specimens in a search in the
Celebes Sea south of the Philippines.

Amazing what we don't know about the world around us. We bluster and
boast about exploring millions of miles into space, while a couple of
thousand feet away there are enough mysteries to last a lifetime. :-)

Old Folk(Cont) Thom Stewart ASA 67 March 23rd 05 09:20 PM
Praise the Good Folk at Landover! Amen! Bob Crantz ASA 0 December 14th 04 08:51 PM
prices for a Marieholm International Folk Boat? Jonathan Ganz ASA 2 October 13th 04 06:36 PM
Cornish Folk Bertie the Bunyip ASA 14 December 7th 03 07:52 AM
FS: Fisher 25 in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 July 31st 03 05:31 PM