Jonathan Ganz

Default prices for a Marieholm International Folk Boat?

Our organization has one of these, and we're trying to find a
reasonable price to list it at. It's in very good shape. I don't know
the details just yet, age, features, etc., because I haven't been
aboard her in a couple of years. Any suggestions about where to look
to get a ballpark price would be appreciated!

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

DSK

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
Our organization has one of these, and we're trying to find a
reasonable price to list it at. It's in very good shape. I don't know
the details just yet, age, features, etc., because I haven't been
aboard her in a couple of years. Any suggestions about where to look
to get a ballpark price would be appreciated!

I'm guessing that you've already looked at boats.com & yachtworld.com
After taking a brief look myself, there aren't many listed. The price
range is $6,000 to $9,000 if that helps.

http://www.ifboat.com/
has a discussion list.

Why is your group selling it? The Folkboat should be perfect for SF Bay.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
DSK wrote:
Jonathan Ganz wrote:
Our organization has one of these, and we're trying to find a
reasonable price to list it at. It's in very good shape. I don't know
the details just yet, age, features, etc., because I haven't been
aboard her in a couple of years. Any suggestions about where to look
to get a ballpark price would be appreciated!

I'm guessing that you've already looked at boats.com & yachtworld.com
After taking a brief look myself, there aren't many listed. The price
range is $6,000 to $9,000 if that helps.

http://www.ifboat.com/
has a discussion list.

Why is your group selling it? The Folkboat should be perfect for SF Bay.

Actually, it's not perfect for a number of reasons. First, it's kind
of slow. Second, it's got an outboard that is very hard to use and
hard to make it better. It's supposed to be a teaching or chartering
boat and a intermediate step between the 16.5 Capris and the 30 foot
keel boat, but it seem to be too big and hard to deal with for
students used to the Capris, but too hard to deal with for people who
want to charter a keel boat, which has an inboard diesel.