Default Morning at Lake Murray...

Had a pretty productive morning at Lake Murray. Went largemouth
fishing and nailed some nice stripers. Odd how that works.

Had a very interesting chat with the Tidewater Boats rep this morning.
He had three boats at the lake for a customer who wanted to test all
bay boats - 19', but slightly different configurations. One with a
Yamaha 150 four stroke, one with a 150 ETEC and the third with a 150
Merc Optimax.

As I pulled the Ranger out, the customer walked over to me and asked
about my ETEC. I was a good boy and didn't try to sell the engine -
just told him my experience. The sales rep came over and was
listening - started mentioning the whole FICHT thing how four strokes
were the "latest" in technology.

So I just asked the prospective customer which he preferred when he
was running - heh, ETEC hands down. Ever had any problems? Other
than the clock problem, nope. Never had any problems with the FICHTs
I had either.

The rep was trying hard to turn the conversation away from the ETEC.
Even mentioned that he sold more Yamaha's than ETECs. I just said to
the customer there had to be a reason - maybe he needed to think about
it a little.

Guy went away talking ETEC to the rep and the rep clearly wasn't happy
about it.

Funny thing is the customer never even said anything about the
Optimax.
HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
[...]

The water cop was sitting in the stern of his whaler this morning, with
the hood off of his 200 hp eTec, apparently tinkering to get it started.
I would have stopped to help, but I know virtually nothing about the
innards of modern outboards.

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:44:46 -0400, HK wrote:

[...]

1- Not that I don't believe you, but I don't believe you. :)

No offense.
[...]

Hey, I didn't say there was something wrong with the eTec. I just saw it
with its cover off and the cop sitting in the back of the boat, looking
at it.
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 16, 7:46 pm, HK wrote:
[...]

at it.- Hide quoted text -