Default Social Security number...

I just got the following from Consumers Union (the Consumers Report
people), and found it interesting. The link provides an easy way to send a
note to your Congressperson.

**************************************
Your Social Security number is yours--and should be protected.
Support strong federal legislation to secure your Social
Security Number.
http://email.consumerreports.org/r/c....1MIa.HQQEdL00

[or: http://tinyurl.com/26vzrd ]

Your Social Security number gives thieves the key to your credit and
your money. With so many copies floating around, it's no wonder ID
theft has directly affected 1 in 4 Americans.

The Social Security Administration created your Social Security
number solely for the purpose of giving you Social Security benefits.
It has become a defacto national ID number for commercial use--but
with few or no restrictions.

We can't turn back the clock. Your private ID number is out there.
But we can stop companies from selling your Social Security number,
or printing it on documents that can be easily stolen from your mail
box or wallet.

Lawmakers concerned about your privacy recently filed strong
legislation to protect you. Help us pass this new law in 2008 with a
quick message to your own Representative now.
http://email.consumerreports.org/r/c....1MIa.HQQEdL00

And once you take action yourself, please take a moment to forward
this message to your friends and family.

Sincerely,
Jim Guest
President, Consumers Union
Nonprofit publisher of Consumer Reports
101 Truman Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10703-1057

John H. wrote in
:

Your Social Security number gives thieves the key to your credit and
your money. With so many copies floating around, it's no wonder ID
theft has directly affected 1 in 4 Americans.

"ID Theft" is a banker buzzword used to scare consumers into paying
anything to protect a series of numbers that threaten bankers with
increased costs and various scams. It DOESN'T threaten consumers, as the
hype infers. It threatens BANKERS with being swindled, not at all a bad
thing in my mind. Having ruined the country with their private central
bank and associated greed, they get what they deserve.

Every bureaucrat you meet first demands your SS number, or part of it.
So, that makes YOU immune from prosecution because THEY, a huge group of
uncontrollable individuals with unlimited access to your number, can do
anything with it you like. This is also true of credit card numbers you
must give every jerk you buy gas and beer from. Bankers try to sell YOU
insurance on THEIR numbering system to rip you off. Sorry, Bankers,
that's YOUR number, not mine. Once that number leaves my influence, it
is no longer under my control and I cannot be blamed for its use. YOU,
Bankers, must find ways to SECURE YOUR number so YOU, not me, cannot be
ripped off. After all, it's not MY money...it's YOURS, The Bank's!

This is precisely why you must shred every DEBIT card giving these same
thieves the combination to your bank account, the YOUR money in this
problem. Bankers are NOT required to save YOUR money from thieves using
your DEBIT card. However, dispite their attempts to make us THINK their
money stolen was stolen in our name....it's just not so....(c;

If they want me to protect the $96,000 line of credit on my credit card,
they simply need to give me the money and let me spend it, myself, paying
it back monthly to my own safe keeping OR paying them interest on any I
have borrowed from the pile and cannot pay back immediately to it. Once
it's out of my control as some imaginary number, it's out of my hands
from the thieves....including thieving bankers.

Larry
--
The Rockefellers and Rothchilds can kiss my ass....(c;

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:29:11 +0000, Larry wrote:

John H. wrote in
:

Your Social Security number gives thieves the key to your credit and
your money. With so many copies floating around, it's no wonder ID
theft has directly affected 1 in 4 Americans.

"ID Theft" is a banker buzzword used to scare consumers into paying
anything to protect a series of numbers that threaten bankers with
increased costs and various scams. It DOESN'T threaten consumers, as the
hype infers.

My daughter has had to go through the hassle twice. She'd probably not
agree with you.

John H. wrote in
:

My daughter has had to go through the hassle twice. She'd probably not
agree with you.

When the bankers call to try to sell me their bogus insurance coverage, I
remind them whos money we are protecting.....THEIRS.

It's quite simple to ignore them. I don't need their usury to live.....

Larry
--
Please - Turn OFF cruise control when
you turn on windshield wipers!

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:03:56 +0000, Larry wrote:

John H. wrote in
:

My daughter has had to go through the hassle twice. She'd probably not
agree with you.

When the bankers call to try to sell me their bogus insurance coverage, I
remind them whos money we are protecting.....THEIRS.

It's quite simple to ignore them. I don't need their usury to live.....

Larry

Somehow you lost me in there, Larry. But, that's OK.

Security Number.http://email.consumerreports.org/r/c...sQ.C5Sr2S..N.C...

quick message to your own Representative now.http://email.consumerreports.org/r/c...sQ.C5Sr2S..N.C...

And once you take action yourself, please take a moment to forward
this message to your friends and family.

Sincerely,
Jim Guest
President, Consumers Union
Nonprofit publisher of Consumer Reports
101 Truman Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10703-1057

I run a business in Canada and 80% of our sales are in the US.
We are now 'required' by American law, to provide social security
numbers to US customs whenever we ship to a retail US customer.
Apparently, something Homeland Security had passed into law.
Many consumers do not want to give out their SS#. I don't blame them.
This law needs to be changed................and quickly.

On Oct 7, 10:09 am, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 06:02:07 -0700, wrote:
On Oct 3, 5:15 pm, John H. wrote:
[...]

If I were in your shoes, I'd try making up SSN's. Hell, illegal aliens by
the millions get by with it here, no reason you shouldn't.- Hide quoted text -

I prefer to live my life on the 'out side' of the cell bars.

"John H." wrote in message

If I were in your shoes, I'd try making up SSN's. Hell, illegal aliens by
the millions get by with it here, no reason you shouldn't.

You're advising a businessman to break the law and provide fraudlent
information to the US gov't?

On Oct 3, 5:15 pm, John H. wrote:
[...]

I wish those who use the fake numbers down here felt the same way!

Good luck with your business.

why does the NPS want my social security number? Todd Bradley General 8 June 3rd 07 02:49 PM
Social Security Saved! Bob Crantz ASA 0 March 17th 05 09:56 PM
Social Security Quotes OT John H General 112 March 3rd 05 06:23 PM
Bush and Social Security willfish General 11 February 22nd 05 08:46 PM