Default Nautical Jepardy

Been a while, so shall we try this again?

First question:

This old traditional greeting for hailing other boats, was originally a
Viking battle-cry.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
Been a while, so shall we try this again?

First question:

This old traditional greeting for hailing other boats, was originally a
Viking battle-cry.

Eisboch

Banzai!

(I checked with Tom...)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:22:40 -0700, Tim wrote:

On Sep 24, 4:56 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
Been a while, so shall we try this again?

First question:

This old traditional greeting for hailing other boats, was originally a
Viking battle-cry.

Eisboch

Skoal?

heh heh.

The Swede and the Pollack, both well-known prodigal drinkers, finally
sat down to a drinking contest.
They started with beer buckets, and progressed though various whiskeys
vodkas, gins, and other more exotic drinks, bottle for bottle.
The crowd around the bar watching the silent and methodical drinkers
was in awe as the night wore on.
By 5 A.M. the crowd was sleeping, scattered about on chairs and even
the floor.
Only the drinkers and the healthy barmaid remained.
The barmaid carried in a bucket of strong glug from the back, hoisted
it on the bar, filled two of her biggest steins and put them before
the drinkers, clearing away the recently emptied whiskey bottles.
Smelling the concoction that gave him his start in drinking, the Swede
hoisted his stein, smiled at the Pollack, and broke their long
silence.
"Skoal!"
The Pollack was first puzzled, then angry.
"Hey! You gonna drink - or talk?!?!"

--Vic

On Sep 24, 2:56?pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
Been a while, so shall we try this again?

First question:

This old traditional greeting for hailing other boats, was originally a
Viking battle-cry.

Eisboch

What is "Yeah, sure, you betcha......rape *then* pillage. First things
first, ya know."?

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 24, 6:26 pm, Chuck Gould wrote:
On Sep 24, 2:56?pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

Been a while, so shall we try this again?

First question:

This old traditional greeting for hailing other boats, was originally a
Viking battle-cry.

Eisboch

What is "Yeah, sure, you betcha......rape *then* pillage. First things
first, ya know."?

What about "plunder?"

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 24, 6:26 pm, Chuck Gould wrote:
On Sep 24, 2:56?pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

Been a while, so shall we try this again?

First question:

This old traditional greeting for hailing other boats, was originally a
Viking battle-cry.

Eisboch

What is "Yeah, sure, you betcha......rape *then* pillage. First things
first, ya know."?

What about "plunder?"

No, no... JimH had it correct .... "Ahoy".

According to the ancient wrecked.boats Jepardy rules .. he now owes the
group the next question.

Eisboch

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:56:21 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Been a while, so shall we try this again?

First question:

This old traditional greeting for hailing other boats, was originally a
Viking battle-cry.

Elasticitet oss alldeles er bira och kvinnosläktet!!!!

wrote:

Been a while, so shall we try this again?

First question:

This old traditional greeting for hailing other boats, was originally a
Viking battle-cry.

Elasticitet oss alldeles er bira och kvinnosl ktet!!!!

AkaVit! AkaVit!

Nautical antique [email protected] ASA 5 September 25th 07 12:20 AM
No nautical word of the day? Chuck Gould General 3 February 20th 07 03:40 PM
Nautical Word of The Day... Short Wave Sportfishing General 2 February 20th 07 03:39 PM
Nautical Quote of The Day... Short Wave Sportfishing General 18 February 18th 07 01:18 PM
Nautical treatment of BDS [email protected] General 0 September 21st 05 11:53 PM