Default Nautical Quote of The Day...

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill
Tim Tim is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

"That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!" POPEYE

Tim Tim is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

"ARRRRRRRRRRR" Blackbeard

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and
the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

that's telling it like it is

Shaun

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

"ARRRRRRRRRRR" Blackbeard

"Oh, barnacles!" - SpongeBob SquarePants

"Tim" wrote in message
ups.com...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

"That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!" POPEYE

One of my all-time favourite cartoon characters...
passed only by the likes of JohnH!

Tim Tim is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

I always wondered why it seems that all the male members of Englands
Royal Familily become officers in the Royal Navy......

Tim wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

I always wondered why it seems that all the male members of Englands
Royal Familily become officers in the Royal Navy......

The real reason "non-first born" children of royalty became officers in
the Royal Navy is it gave them an opportunity to make a fortune when
they captured the booty/ships during battle. The majority of the
family's fortune went to the first born, so the others kids had to
actually work for a living. Naval service was considered an honorable
field for Royalty to enter.

Tim Tim is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Tim wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

I always wondered why it seems that all the male members of Englands
Royal Familily become officers in the Royal Navy......

The real reason "non-first born" children of royalty became officers in
the Royal Navy is it gave them an opportunity to make a fortune when
they captured the booty/ships during battle. The majority of the
family's fortune went to the first born, so the others kids had to
actually work for a living. Naval service was considered an honorable
field for Royalty to enter.

Does that mean that the Rum, sodomy, and the Lash, were perks of the
job?

JLH JLH is offline

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:42:45 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy
and the lash." Sir Winston Churchill

"That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!" POPEYE

One of my all-time favourite cartoon characters...
passed only by the likes of JohnH!

Well, two-thirds of the Neato Hazeltones are here!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H

Nautical Word of The Day... Short Wave Sportfishing General 37 February 17th 07 04:42 PM
Nautical Archaeology Society Annual Conference CJB Tall Ships 0 October 17th 06 04:40 PM
Nautical Almanac usage rhys Cruising 1 August 12th 05 07:23 AM
Nice nautical gift store...... JimH General 0 April 3rd 05 01:26 AM
CAPT LOU'S TOP WEIRD NAUTICAL NEWS STORIES IN 2004 Capt Lou Cruising 0 December 28th 04 01:44 PM