Default Not a single screw loose

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:38:19 -0700, Chuck Gould
wrote:

Particularly with Phillips heads- where you're never talking more than
1/4 turn to get a NSEW alignment of the slots.

===================================

Check your math, looks like 1/8th turn max to me.

Even if he had to strip one or two to get them to line up?
JR

Eisboch wrote:

A few weeks back there was a discussion regarding the tightening of hose
clamps and the alignment of the screw heads.

The other night, while laying on the bunk in the aft cabin of the GB,
watching the Sox on TV, I happened to notice the teak planking that lines
the bulkhead interior of the cabin.

I noticed the straight lines of the single slotted screws that hold the
planking and then realized that every screw head was perfectly aligned
horizontally. Jumping out of the bunk, I checked the other side, which is
more complex because the planking also forms a shelf above the port single
bunk, and sure enough, all the screw heads were perfectly aligned on that
side in the same manner.

Inspecting the forward, V-berth cabin and it's teak side planking revealed
the same attention to detail.

All in all, I counted over 250 stainless, single slotted screws that some
poor guy in Singapore tediously installed with every screw head in perfect
alignment.

That kind of old school craftsmanship and tradition is not found much
anymore.

http://www.eisboch.com/screws.jpg

Eisboch