Default Not a single screw loose

A few weeks back there was a discussion regarding the tightening of hose
clamps and the alignment of the screw heads.

The other night, while laying on the bunk in the aft cabin of the GB,
watching the Sox on TV, I happened to notice the teak planking that lines
the bulkhead interior of the cabin.

I noticed the straight lines of the single slotted screws that hold the
planking and then realized that every screw head was perfectly aligned
horizontally. Jumping out of the bunk, I checked the other side, which is
more complex because the planking also forms a shelf above the port single
bunk, and sure enough, all the screw heads were perfectly aligned on that
side in the same manner.

Inspecting the forward, V-berth cabin and it's teak side planking revealed
the same attention to detail.

All in all, I counted over 250 stainless, single slotted screws that some
poor guy in Singapore tediously installed with every screw head in perfect
alignment.

That kind of old school craftsmanship and tradition is not found much
anymore.

http://www.eisboch.com/screws.jpg

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

You sure it wasn't just a nightmare? If it was, how did you get the
picture? 8)

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Ahhh. Perhaps they learned how to index down at the Parker factory...

:}
Jim Jim is offline

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Better check yours also. I'm sure you have a few loose ones.

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

Are you sure all your screws are tight? Better torque them.

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

With Torex heads, you'd never have to worry about that.

"Don White" wrote in news:46f7b618$0$4043
:

With Torex heads, you'd never have to worry about that.

All the pop rivets on a Bayliner line up, perfectly!

Larry
--
"Old World Craftsmanship"....two minimum wage guys with chopper guns.

Tim wrote in news:1190660903.791137.57240
@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Larry wrote:

All the pop rivets on a Bayliner line up, perfectly!

Larry
--
"Old World Craftsmanship"....two minimum wage guys with chopper guns.

LOL!

These guys just gotta go visit a BOAT manufacturer and talk to the "Old
World Craftsmen" to build them. Absolutely no expense is spared. They
spend weeks building a 55' Sea Ray out of absolutely the finest materials
on the planet. Only the finest appliances, hand built plumbing, teflon
insulated wires, all NASA specifications stuff just like the Shuttle has,
installed only by certified technicians who have been to school, like
NASA engineers, for years and years of intensive training.

To hell with the profit margin, which is held to a bare minimum just to
stay in business and give nothing but the finest quality Sea Ray to the
very satisfied customers. Nothing ever breaks or falls apart on any fine
yacht Brunswick and the other fine, upstanding yacht manufacturers build.

Yachts built by slaves in foreign countries for pennies on the dollar,
too, have nothing but the finest craftsmen-slaves driven by the most
gifted slavers and overseers on the planet. Never mind these slaves work
16 hours a day, 7 days a week until they drop from exhaustion! This has
nothing to do with the finest-quality products because the slaves are SO
proud of their work for almost nothing they don't even need to take their
families, back in the shanty town up the hill, a decent wage.
Replacement slaves, who take up the company banner as soon as older
slaves drop dead from exhaustion, have been trained for years and years
at fantastic expense in the company's slave training facilities, hidden
away deep in the hills overlooking the town.

Larry
--
BULL****! They're all made just like the cheap 12V plastic fan Waste
Marine sells for $120.....just as cheap as they can get the customers to