Default Show me the keys...

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:32:45 -0300, "Don White"

.. .
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:21:52 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

Tom... let me know when you throw those keys in the mail and I'll keep an
eye peeled for 'em.
I'm thinking of stowing the Johnson in my shed this fall/winter.

I'm really sorry Don - I zoned out again on that. The envelope is
sitting on the front seat of my truck.

I'm off to the PO right now.

Tom..did you say the keys were on their way?
Nothing in this mornings mail. Maybe your Homeland Insecurity is keeping an
eye on you and testing them.

Mailed them a week ago yesterday along with the sonar manual. I
shouldn't think it would take more than a week to get there from here.

I blame...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp13M7rlih0

I have to changeout the trailer safety chain 'S-hooks' for something else.
Mechanic says those things were dumped 2/3 years ago up here.

Really.

Interesting - that's pretty standard on most trailers.

What do they have to be replaced with?

One little bulb gone also in the right side marker... rear lens assembly.
They can be tough here.

Normal maintenance. Probably not the bulb - just remove the lens
cover and reinsert the bulb.

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:32:45 -0300, "Don White"

. ..
wrote:

[...]

At least in California, you have to have retainers on the chain hooks. Boat
places sell a small rubber clip that works for about a buck each.

Really.

Interesting - that's pretty standard on most trailers.

What do they have to be replaced with?

snip..

My last trailer used what appears to be 'clevis slip hooks'.. see item
401180
http://www.trailercanada.com/hardwarecargocontrol.htm

"Don White" wrote in message

Really.

Interesting - that's pretty standard on most trailers.

What do they have to be replaced with?

snip..

My last trailer used what appears to be 'clevis slip hooks'.. see item
401180
http://www.trailercanada.com/hardwarecargocontrol.htm

That's interesting.

P/N SC1448

"Safety chains provide additional assurance by securing the trailer to the
tow vehicle."

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:25:25 -0300, "Don White"

.. .

Really.

Interesting - that's pretty standard on most trailers.

What do they have to be replaced with?

snip..

My last trailer used what appears to be 'clevis slip hooks'.. see item
401180
http://www.trailercanada.com/hardwarecargocontrol.htm

Looks like something Gene would over engineer.

That whole rig doesn't even weigh 1,000 lbs.

"Don White" wrote in message

Really.

Interesting - that's pretty standard on most trailers.

What do they have to be replaced with?

snip..

My last trailer used what appears to be 'clevis slip hooks'.. see item
401180
http://www.trailercanada.com/hardwarecargocontrol.htm

I use one of these
http://kmsinc.thomasnet.com/viewitem...350?&forward=1

Bought at the local hardware store.

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:21:52 -0300, Don White penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Tom... let me know when you throw those keys in the mail and I'll keep an
eye peeled for 'em.
I'm thinking of stowing the Johnson in my shed this fall/winter.

Have you discussed this with your wife, yet?

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
-----------------
-----------------

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:48:04 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:21:52 -0300, Don White penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Tom... let me know when you throw those keys in the mail and I'll keep an
eye peeled for 'em.
I'm thinking of stowing the Johnson in my shed this fall/winter.

Have you discussed this with your wife, yet?

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

ROTFL!!!

Hey Dad, can I have the keys........... JimH General 1 November 5th 06 01:22 AM
Charter Fl Keys [email protected] ASA 1 September 24th 06 03:24 AM
FL Keys Mark Davis General 15 January 25th 04 08:25 AM
First time in the Keys Jerry Cruising 5 September 18th 03 03:46 PM
The Keys FishFan General 2 September 12th 03 07:31 PM