Mark Davis

Default FL Keys

Anyone have an idea what the "on water" Gas (not diesel) prices are in the
keys about now? I am planning a short 7 day cruise starting in S. Fl and
heading to Key West and just trying to ball park some numbers.

Also, if you have any idea on transient dockage for Powerboats that would be
awesome, right now I am just assuming $10/ft as kind of a guideline... That
maybe too low, any ideas? Are there any price minimums that a 27' powerboat
wouldn't meet?

Thanks!
Mark.

Florida Keyz

Cheapest place On water bayside in the Key largo area is the Gas station on us1
that has a dock off lake surprise, 10cent more than the street place.
Dan Krueger

Expect about $2.20. That buys you "mid grade". Transient dockage can vary
widely by the area. It seems to get pricier the closer you get to Key West.
Bud and Mary's in Islamorada used to be cheap - maybe they still are. There is
a Hampton Inn next door with an Outback Steakhouse. Not much more that you can
walk to.

http://www.budnmarys.com/Marina.htm

Another source for info:

http://www.boatamerica.org/marinas/

Click on "Find a Boat US cooperating marine". Some offer a 25% discount. You
can save well over the $15 to join in short order on a seven day trip.

Dan

Mark Davis wrote:

Anyone have an idea what the "on water" Gas (not diesel) prices are in the
keys about now? I am planning a short 7 day cruise starting in S. Fl and
heading to Key West and just trying to ball park some numbers.

Also, if you have any idea on transient dockage for Powerboats that would be
awesome, right now I am just assuming $10/ft as kind of a guideline... That
maybe too low, any ideas? Are there any price minimums that a 27' powerboat
wouldn't meet?

Thanks!
Mark.

Mark Davis

Thanks for the info, I am already a boat us member, so that should save a
few bucks here and there...

That's not to bad on the gas price, I pay that or more locally off
Daytona...

Thanks Again!
Mark.

link.net...

Mark Davis wrote:

Anyone have an idea what the "on water" Gas (not diesel) prices are in

the
keys about now? I am planning a short 7 day cruise starting in S. Fl

and
heading to Key West and just trying to ball park some numbers.

Also, if you have any idea on transient dockage for Powerboats that

would be
awesome, right now I am just assuming $10/ft as kind of a guideline...

That
maybe too low, any ideas? Are there any price minimums that a 27'

powerboat
wouldn't meet?

Thanks!
Mark.

Jim Kelly

Gas was about $1.90/ gal at Sharky's at Port Largo over the holidays.

Many places charge for a minimum of 30' for dockage and I think you will have a
hard time finding it for $10/ft. $15 to $20 would be closer with the higher
figure in Key West.

Florida Keyz: How do you get to the gas dock you mentioned. Is it near
Gilbert's on Jewfish Creek?

Mark Davis wrote:

Anyone have an idea what the "on water" Gas (not diesel) prices are in the
keys about now? I am planning a short 7 day cruise starting in S. Fl and
heading to Key West and just trying to ball park some numbers.

Also, if you have any idea on transient dockage for Powerboats that would be
awesome, right now I am just assuming $10/ft as kind of a guideline... That
maybe too low, any ideas? Are there any price minimums that a 27' powerboat
wouldn't meet?

Thanks!
Mark.

LaBomba182

Subject: FL Keys
From: "Mark Davis"

right now I am just assuming $10/ft as kind of a guideline...

I assume you meant to type $1/ft?

Capt. Bill
Mark Davis

No, actually I meant $10/ft per night. Jim was thinking it might be as high
as $15-20 per foot. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.

From: "Mark Davis"

right now I am just assuming $10/ft as kind of a guideline...

I assume you meant to type $1/ft?

Capt. Bill

LaBomba182

From: "Mark Davis"

No, actually I meant $10/ft per night. Jim was thinking it might be as high
as $15-20 per foot. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.

So you are thinking you're going to be paying at least $270 to $540 per night
for your 27 foot boat!?

Jim needs to make a few calls.
The Galleon Marina in Key West is only $2.65 - $3.00 per foot per night and it
is one of the higher priced places in the Keys as I recall.

Capt. Bill

Florida Keyz

Anchor out at key west, and pay the shuttle $10 per nite.