Default Boat Stereo Questions

That is what I am using to record from XM

I'll may start doing that as well. I use Media Center 2005 and record it
that way. However, it gets recorded as a video. Then I strip the audio out
of the video as an MP3. Looks like Total Recorder will eliminate the second
step.

--Mike

wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 02:11:00 +0000, Larry wrote:

You guys might want to look at "Total Recorder" from
www.totalrecorder.com

That is what I am using to record from XM

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 01:58:03 +0000, Larry wrote:

wrote in news:qbqje3dq2kfigfl5kc9lgvhuledtd3p2iv@
4ax.com:

It is where I get some of the old stuff they play on "Bluesville" that
you really can't find at Wal-Mart.

alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.blues

How big are your hard drives??....(c;

You don't have to download them in SLOWtime...one at a time. Download
Grabit from www.shemes.com and don't buy their service. Grabit is free
and completely automates downloading usenet binaries....at full cap
speed, 24/7.

Man, they got great old Blues on usenet...or about anything else you'd
like to listen to but can't find and XM DOESN'T PLAY.

Larry

Agent will download pretty fast. Does grabit somehow do it faster?

John H. wrote in
:

Agent will download pretty fast. Does grabit somehow do it faster?

Yes! Grabit is MADE for downloading, not texting. Once you get the
header updates Grabit neatly sorts and compiles multimessage binaries
into one line, you can click and drag marking a whole bunch of binaries
at once on the header list.....say all the .rar pieces for an entire
movie on alt.binaries.movies.divx. Then, you simply press the GRABIT
button at the top to add all those marked files to the download batch.
Grabit immediately starts working on the batch as you mark and GRABIT
more files. With any files in the batch, which shows as another tab from
the header list, Grabit uses three simultaneous ports, not one, connected
to the server. This completely maxes out your bandwidth cap and, because
downloading on the other two ports continues, unabated, while the port
that just finished one message waits for the next to start, there are no
gaps in download bandwidth. Throughput downloading from 3 simultaneous
ports is much higher than from a single port, alone, as there are no
pauses. When a string of pieces has been stored in a temp folder, then
Grabit does the multimessage decoding and storage to your desired output
folder for further processing (like running Winrar to retrieve the Divx
movie in playable format.) All this is much more efficient.

The batch is independent of the header tab. When you've completed
marking and GRABITing this newsgroup for today to the batch, you may
delete the unused, unwanted leftovers on the list...which only marks them
as deleted so you can start fresh next time you UPDATE the
newsgroup...but does NOT delete them from Grabit's storage so you can
click open the deleted files to retrieve yesterday's parts that completed
today, or recovering from mistakes we all make. Having completed
maintenance on this newsgroup, you simply open another one to go to a new
newsgroup for more marking and GRABITing...which goes on the END of the
batch no matter how many newsgroups you mark/grabit. You may, however,
RIGHTclick on a file you want to download at the TOP of the batch, next,
and pick "Download First" and Grabit will put that piece, say a .nfo
file, the info on the movie, at the top of the que so it downloads next
for viewing. The process may go on, indefinately. Grabit does a
wonderful job of purging its header cache from your desired storage time,
unattended. It never crashes, here, or crashes WindozeXP. My batches
sometimes have 100GB qued up. Of course, one must have STORAGE to put
the 100GB....or keep processing what it has got several times to recover
the storage drive so it doesn't get a disk full error. If it does get a
disk full error, it simply stops, pops up a window of warning and sits
there, quite content to wait until you do something to correct it.

Another thing I love about Grabit is its ability to store EXACTLY where
it was downloading in the batch...whenever you need to PAUSE or UNBOOT
Grabit to do something else. You don't need to wait until it is complete
to shut down Grabit! If you just dump Grabit before the batch is
complete, it asks you if you want to store the batch to disk so it can
pick up where it left off at a later time. You click YES and Grabit
stores the batch to its hard drive. When you boot Grabit next time, a
window pops up asking you if you want to continue the batch where it left
off. You answer YES, Grabit reconnects to the server and starts
downloading from the last BIT it stored when you shut it down...without
losing a single bit. If you answer NO, grabit clears the batch for a new
batch. So, you can stop downloading, have your computer back to use,
then start the downloading, once again, after you're done using the
computer and are going out or to bed. Just let Grabit run during
downtimes.....a real feature here.

I can't believe they give such great, bugfree software away!
http://www.shemes.com/

Larry
--
Search youtube for "Depleted Uranium"
The ultimate dirty bomb......

"Mike" wrote in
:

I'll may start doing that as well. I use Media Center 2005 and record
it that way. However, it gets recorded as a video. Then I strip the
audio out of the video as an MP3. Looks like Total Recorder will
eliminate the second step.

The best thing about TR as the storage device is its uncanny ability to
make SEPARATE files of each song, instead of making one HUGE MP3 file you
cannot search or randomize play in. It's awful boring always having to
listen to the same music at the beginning of that huge MP3 file or having
to sit there and scroll through 2 hours of music to have something new to
listen to nearer the end of it. TR solves that making separate files out
of it. It even works on BBC radio off the net on its web-based locked up
player. I carry a lot of BBC programs in my car on the little MP3
player...instead of listening to the constant barrage of America's
commercials on the radio....or paying someone NOT to play them, like XM.

Larry
--
BBC kindly, gently, declined my offer to pay my "radio tax". I'm still
stream BBC's HOME TV channels to me over the net. The News is all you