HK HK is offline

Default Oh deer!

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

Onions, cajun spice, 6 rounds, BLAM! Should be easy to get at least two of
them.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

Onions, cajun spice, 6 rounds, BLAM! Should be easy to get at least two of
them.

You like them young, eh?

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

Onions, cajun spice, 6 rounds, BLAM! Should be easy to get at least two
of them.

You like them young, eh?

I like them two ways, regardless of age:

1) Miles away from my garden
or
2) Dead, any way possible.

And, I live in an place where the same houses have been in place for 50
years. So, it's not a matter of encroaching on their land. Or, maybe it is,
but nothing's changed since 1956 when this development was created, except
that hunting was banned in a large nearby park area.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

Onions, cajun spice, 6 rounds, BLAM! Should be easy to get at least two
of them.

You like them young, eh?

I like them two ways, regardless of age:

1) Miles away from my garden
or
2) Dead, any way possible.

And, I live in an place where the same houses have been in place for 50
years. So, it's not a matter of encroaching on their land. Or, maybe it is,
but nothing's changed since 1956 when this development was created, except
that hunting was banned in a large nearby park area.

We have much larger ones, probably a different species, wandering
through our yard from time to time. Rarely one will stop to munch on
some of my wife's garden flowers, but it doesn't upset her.

We also have wandering raccoons, foxes, possums, pheasants, wild
turkeys, squirrels, birds, and rarely, feral cats. No wandering dogs,
though. Not allowed. And no hunters, of course. Verboten.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Here, the deer eat everything. When I first looked at the neighborhood, I
that most houses had no gardens whatsoever, other than some foundation
shrubs. Pretty boring. I saw lots of very elderly people out for walks, and
figured this explained the lack of plantings. Maintaining gardens isn't easy
when you have trouble bending, ya know?

Wrong theory. It was the deer. Many people have given up the battle.

So far, I've figured out that they won't touch rhubarb, barberry (a great
educational tool for wayward dogs), marigolds, basil, broccoli (and others
in the cabbage family) and rosemary. Everything else if fair game. Daylilly
buds are eaten the day before they're about to open. Rosebuds, too. Matter
of fact, the prior owners of the house planted a climbing rose with huge
thorns. The deer eat the stems, thorns and all. Robodeer!

I finally fenced the vegetable garden, which I was avoiding because it just
creates one more place I have to edge. But, they were eating the leaves off
the pole beans (at 6 feet up the pole), the bell peppers, the tomato plant
leaves, etc etc......

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

Onions, cajun spice, 6 rounds, BLAM! Should be easy to get at least two of
them.

You LIKE to eat them things? Not me, I've tried deer a few times, always
from someone who likes to hunt "Here try this, it's my secret recipe".
or "It's the wife's speciality". Never once did I go back for seconds.
For me, it is all and always too gamey. I may try it again someday, but
that's unlikely.

"DownTime" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

Onions, cajun spice, 6 rounds, BLAM! Should be easy to get at least two
of them.

You LIKE to eat them things? Not me, I've tried deer a few times, always
from someone who likes to hunt "Here try this, it's my secret recipe". or
"It's the wife's speciality". Never once did I go back for seconds. For
me, it is all and always too gamey. I may try it again someday, but
that's unlikely.

I've had venison cooked well, and cooked badly. The latter came from guys
who probably can't make toast without poking themselves in the eye. :-)

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:52:35 -0400, DownTime
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

Onions, cajun spice, 6 rounds, BLAM! Should be easy to get at least two of
them.

You LIKE to eat them things? Not me, I've tried deer a few times, always
from someone who likes to hunt "Here try this, it's my secret recipe".
or "It's the wife's speciality". Never once did I go back for seconds.
For me, it is all and always too gamey. I may try it again someday, but
that's unlikely.

I've been to a number of "game dinners" and had a wide variety of
dishes, including venison, bear, buffalo and moose. I share your
opinion.
It makes perfect sense that we grow beef and KFC, and manufacture
Cheetos.

--Vic