Default Oh deer!

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 07:37:44 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

Totally agree. That's Smithers.
But I still find it odd that Gene grows mashed potatoes.
So it's still a tossup.

I really assumed that you would picture Bambi, the beans, and the
mashed potatoes on a plate.... silly me....

I guess you overestimated my perceptions. My bad.

I guess it could have gotten even more confusing had I mentioned
squash or rape or dates....... in fact, you'd probably be concerned
about the possibility of cross pollination and the ensuing
hybridization of date rape......

Now you're getting way over my head!
But I have heard of rape seed (-:

--Vic

"John H." wrote in message

Call your local police station and ask whether it's legal to use google
in
your town. That should help you find the information you need.

Actually, I used Google to find the specs I gave you above. I could find
nothing on the site you provided saying anything about the SP101 being a
.38 frame. I did read that it was designed to be a small, strong .357
Magnum.

Help!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_n19313632

The .38 Special was the original chambering when the SP101 was introduced
in
1988, and brother shooter Jon had a copy, one of the SPNY models built
expressly for backup, off-duty and detective use to the specifications of
the New York City Police Department.

Way to go! I've looked, but could find nothing.

Good job!

You didn't look for jack ****, johnny.

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:23:46 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:18:14 -0500, John H. wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 23:00:33 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:35:05 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
om...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 21:06:01 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
news:r3h3e3h2vt0tmbfm2lbfmvpcof8kavoaq1@4ax .com...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:46:04 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
news:vud3e35ejb0itjhrvv90pdgk3ue3arjn9r@4 ax.com...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:18:52 -0400, HK
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

Here's a site that gives enough information for people who know
something
about pistols.
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger_SP101.htm

Call your local police station and ask whether it's legal to use
google
in
your town. That should help you find the information you need.

Long one of my favorite shooting sites, but you can see the
desperation
in the right's politics...he's endorsed Tired Old Fred, with the
same
ideas that brought us...Iraq.

Actually, Harry, we're not discussing politics at all. We're
discussing
the
frame used for the Ruger SP101.

There is no "we" that includes you until you spend a day or ten
reading.
Otherwise, you can't possibly know what you're talking about. Is your
public
library open on weekends? Does the "home" have a shuttle bus that'll
bring
you there?

See previous answer to you. And, see answer to JimH. And, see answer
Harry. You guys have a lot of words to say, but none have shown
anything
that says the Ruger SP101, a .357 Magnum revolver, was built on a .38
frame.

I can't believe that of you five people, *none* of you would come up
with
the proof, if it exists, simply to prove me wrong...although I've not
asserted that it *wasn't* built on a .38 frame.

So, if someone else has knowledge, they are required to dredge up
sources
for you, while you sit on your wet diaper and watch television.

Not a chance.

Doug, I'm thinking there are no sources saying the Ruger SP101, .357
Magnum
revolver, was built on a .38 frame. I've looked at a couple dozen sites.
did find that the SP101 was built as a .22 calibre. So it's possible to
buy
a Ruger .22 on a .357 Magnum frame, but I could find nothing stating the
.357 was built on a .38 frame.

Do you reckon Ruger is keeping it hidden from the public.

You're all done with with, John. You are over it. Way over it. If you want
to continue, go ask the question in rec.guns.

Let's see, first it was countersteering, now it's a .357 Magnum on a .38
frame.

Sounds like you couldn't support your statements. Hell, you didn't even
know what a grip insert was!

Did I or did I not just teach you that you were all done here? Go change
your diaper.

Y'all just can't stand being wrong! Hell, it's no big deal to say, "Whoops,
I was wrong." But I guess that when you've called someone a god damned guy
and a moron, not to mention the comments you and Harry and JimH manage,
it's pretty tough.

Trust me, Doug, if a site proving your point existed, you'd be shoving it
down my throat!

And no, I'm not all alone. You persist in answering. The others read but
know better than to answer, 'cause they can't find anything either!

You are the neatest of all the neat guys, John! Have a really swell weekend.

Thanks, Salty!

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 02:23:26 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

[...]

Are you always this lazy? This is strange, coming from a guy who used to
bitch about his students being less than wonderful.

Still can't find anything?

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 02:39:12 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
[...]

I love this line from Herringbrain:

"The others read but
know better than to answer, 'cause they can't find anything either!"

What a flaming ass he is...

He's asking us to do his homework for him. He must've been some teacher.

Goody, now you've got Harry's support in your name-calling fest. You must
feel really proud!

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 03:09:00 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

This ought to rile up the mindless inlanders.

Harry, e-mail me something. Anything. Know what I mean? I have a question.

Harry, email him a site showing that the Ruger SP101 is a .357 Magnum on a
..38 frame.

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 11:14:47 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:08:19 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:38:43 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
om...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:51:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
news:2b33e3lt3kbdqa0rm1i7q2nlgqcckbs1r7@4ax .com...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:20:21 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
newso13e3h766n56tof420chhq3vmd19jvnk3@4 ax.com...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:53:52 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:13:29 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:50:24 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:46:02 -0500, John H.

wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:02:55 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:25:54 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
message
news:u382e3ts8i22s7a6hjrvd4abtcu8s ...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 00:00:17 -0400,
wrote:

The winner was always an old sargent who took his time and
shot
down
one per round, with a 2" revolver.

I have said for years that the reason is due to 13 round
semi-auto
hand guns.

With a revolver, you only have six - makes you concentrate.

One of my favorite gun technique books suggests taking only 6
rounds
to the
range, no matter what kind of handgun you're shooting. Good
idea.

All my kids were trained that way. In fact, when my youngest
went
the Academy in SC, he noticed that the more bullets they were
issues,
the more the used them.

He took his time, minimum shots and did well.

It's the revolver training.

I have a 9mm Glock, but I never carry it unless I'm in the
woods.
For
just carrying purposes, it's a .357 mag on a .38 frame.

Don't you mean that the other way around? My Highway Patrolman
shoots
.38's
but is a .357 magnum frame (and shoots them!).

Nope - just the way I spake it.

Wouldn't a gun with a frame built for .38's be somewhat unsafe
with
bunch
of .357 mags going through it?

What part of this is so hard to understand?

The gun is a .357 mag built on a .38 frame.

Ruger SP101

Hello? Anybody home?

You god damned people will agrue about anything.

I'm outa here for a while.

Morons.

No argument exists. I was simply asking a question. I looked for
information on the Ruger SP101, but could find nothing saying the
frame
was
built for .38's.

Look at the top strap, Einstein.

Ah, another name-caller!

Enlighten me, please. I am certainly no expert on pistols. What is a
'top
strap'?

Is there one in this photo?

http://tinyurl.com/lw55

Yes, there is. See the black grip with the silver screw holding it on?
That's actually called the top strap.

Those are grip inserts. I've never heard them called 'top straps'. Do
they
have a stamp on them somewhere saying the frame is a .38 caliber
frame?

No. You just have to know these things. One high-tech way of knowing is
read a lot.

Well, here's the site with all the specs and such. Perhaps you could
point
me to where it says the Ruger SP101 pistol is built on a .38 frame. Or,
please point me to anything that says that. I'll admit to not reading a
whole lot about pistols.

[...]

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 19:49:09 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Now you can add lying to your repertoire.

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:43:30 -0000, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:26:44 -0400, Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:

There are many public and private lakes (including those run by the C of
E's ) that are now allowing or hiring hunters to kill the Canadian Geese
that are no longer migrating due to people feeding them. These geese
have taken over coves and lakes that would have been a brief stopover on
their migratory path, until people thought it would be cute or helpful
to feed them.

I don't think that's an accurate assessment. Migratory and non-migratory
Canada geese are different
subspecies. Branta canadensis maxima being the larger non-migratory
goose.

http://www.esatoday.com/arresident.html

Goose dogs are the only way to go.

Funny story about a goose and a dog. My late buddy had a weimaraner dog
that the first year it got to go hunting, went to retrieve a goose. Goose
had only a broken wing and pecked the heck out of that dog. For the rest of
it's life, it always retrieved geese by grabbing the bill in his mouth and
carrying back the goose with the bill firmly entrenched in it's mouth.
Worked well, and never got pecked again.