Default ping Capt Tom..boat broker

Not sure if you got my phone message this morning....
Went to regional head office for my bank downtown and they don't keep a
large amount of furrin' currency on hand...so I had to order a wad of
$100.00 'merican bills.
Won't be in till Thursday morning.
I went to customs and the guy said I could get the 'Form 1' at the border.
They advised I call the local American Consulate and the US Customs people
at Calais Maine re some US law about needing 72 hours notice before
exporting a US registered vehicle. Had to leave message at Consulate...but
the US Border guys said a small boat trailer is no problem
I have one more call to make to the Canadian Customs to make sure the
trailer complies with Canadian regulations.
Will advise...

"Don White" wrote in message
Not sure if you got my phone message this morning....
Went to regional head office for my bank downtown and they don't keep a
large amount of furrin' currency on hand...so I had to order a wad of
$100.00 'merican bills.
Won't be in till Thursday morning.
I went to customs and the guy said I could get the 'Form 1' at the border.
They advised I call the local American Consulate and the US Customs people
at Calais Maine re some US law about needing 72 hours notice before
exporting a US registered vehicle. Had to leave message at Consulate...but
the US Border guys said a small boat trailer is no problem
I have one more call to make to the Canadian Customs to make sure the
trailer complies with Canadian regulations.
Will advise...

*hot off the presses*
Just got off the phone with the 'Registry of Imported Vehicles' division of
Canada Customs and they confirm that the trailer is in compliance with
Canadian laws.
Only odd thing.... the VIN indentifies as a '2005' trailer... not a 2004
model.
Hope this doesn't jack up your price!

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:09:13 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Really? Fine by me.

No, no - price is the price.

I did get your call - about an hour ago. For some reason, I didn't
get notified.

No problem - we'll set it up for whenever.

No problem - we'll set it up for whenever.

I was thinking Friday...but with the long weekend coming it might be smarter
for a couple of retired guys like us to wait until Tuesday.
All the crazy drivers should be back to work by then and out of our way.
Antway, it looks like all my ducks are in a row (at least they will be by
1030 hrs on Thursday).
I tried to convince the wife to make the trip with me, overnighting around
Old Orchard Beach but the dog might be a problem at the border.

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:00:33 -0300, "Don White"

.. .

No problem - we'll set it up for whenever.

I was thinking Friday...but with the long weekend coming it might be smarter
for a couple of retired guys like us to wait until Tuesday.

That works fine for me - no problems.

I'll drop you an email later.

I tried to convince the wife to make the trip with me, overnighting around
Old Orchard Beach but the dog might be a problem at the border.

I ran into that once. Could take the dog to Canada, but had to
quarentine it on the way back.

Pretty stupid.

I've got my passport out, a fistfull of 'merican dollahs & a full tank of
gas. I'm ready to roll.
Should we pick the 1st fine day after the Labour Day weekend? What's your
schedule like next week?

Dan Dan is offline

Don White wrote:
No problem - we'll set it up for whenever.

I was thinking Friday...but with the long weekend coming it might be smarter
for a couple of retired guys like us to wait until Tuesday.
All the crazy drivers should be back to work by then and out of our way.
Antway, it looks like all my ducks are in a row (at least they will be by
1030 hrs on Thursday).
I tried to convince the wife to make the trip with me, overnighting around
Old Orchard Beach but the dog might be a problem at the border.

Can't your too-old-to-live-at-home kid watch the mutt for a few days?

"Dan" intrceptor@gmaildotcom wrote in message
.. .

Can't your too-old-to-live-at-home kid watch the mutt for a few days?

Go haunt someone elses thread.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
Not sure if you got my phone message this morning....
Went to regional head office for my bank downtown and they don't keep a
large amount of furrin' currency on hand...so I had to order a wad of
$100.00 'merican bills.
Won't be in till Thursday morning.
I went to customs and the guy said I could get the 'Form 1' at the border.
They advised I call the local American Consulate and the US Customs people
at Calais Maine re some US law about needing 72 hours notice before
exporting a US registered vehicle. Had to leave message at Consulate...but
the US Border guys said a small boat trailer is no problem
I have one more call to make to the Canadian Customs to make sure the
trailer complies with Canadian regulations.
Will advise...

Bet they don't know Tom is going to want you to bring along a few boxes
of Cuban cigars...

"HK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
[...]

Always wanted to visit Cuba for sun & fun.
That might be a good way to get a free vacation down there courtesy of the
Homeland folks.

Ping: Capt. JG Maxprop ASA 20 March 30th 06 05:46 AM
Boat Broker Question ... Thomas Wentworth Cruising 39 February 26th 06 01:27 PM
Recommended boat broker in Florida ? Cheshire Cruising 3 January 11th 05 09:39 PM
Looking for a broker Cheshire Cruising 7 September 16th 04 08:37 PM
Ping Capt. Bobsprit.... Capt. Mooron ASA 1 July 27th 03 11:36 PM