posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Ping: Capt. JG

Jon--

Just read a news blurb about the Hayward Fault. Seems it is prime for a
major slip. Is there any talk about it out there, or are the media just
starved for news?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Capt. JG

Just got back from a couple of days sailing... We've known about the fault
for a long time, but I don't know what's new, since I've been away. What did
they say? I believe it's due before the San Andreas.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...
Jon--

Just read a news blurb about the Hayward Fault. Seems it is prime for a
major slip. Is there any talk about it out there, or are the media just
starved for news?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...
Jon--

Just read a news blurb about the Hayward Fault. Seems it is prime for a
major slip. Is there any talk about it out there, or are the media just
starved for news?

Just got back from a couple of days sailing... We've known about the fault
for a long time, but I don't know what's new, since I've been away. What
did they say? I believe it's due before the San Andreas.

The article dealt with a woman who lives on the fault--it runs through the
street in front of her home--who is experiencing a lot of shifting and
settling of her house. Cracks appear daily in the walls and ceilings and
the doors don't work properly. The gate on her front fence is about 3" from
the latch side, and the street is buckling out front. Some geologists were
also quoted as saying that the Hayward is far more dangerous to the Bay Area
than the San Andreas, and it could have lasting repercussions on the bay
itself if it slips fully. They felt it was really ready to let go, and
every day it doesn't slip is just building the pressure more greatly,
leading to a more catastrophic quake. Doesn't sound good, but I'm not a
geologist. That's why I asked if there is any current fear/talk of a really
big quake along that fault.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I didn't hear anything unusual in the last few weeks. I've always heard that
in the short term it could be more dangerous, but that the SA would probably
be bigger. Who knows... we're all going to die someday anyway. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I didn't hear anything unusual in the last few weeks. I've always heard
that in the short term it could be more dangerous, but that the SA would
probably be bigger. Who knows... we're all going to die someday anyway. :-)

True, but I'd prefer later over sooner. And I was really hoping for an MI
while having sex with a woman 1/3 my age when I'm 80.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

With "a woman" or with your wife. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I didn't hear anything unusual in the last few weeks. I've always heard
that in the short term it could be more dangerous, but that the SA would
probably be bigger. Who knows... we're all going to die someday anyway.
:-)

True, but I'd prefer later over sooner. And I was really hoping for an MI
while having sex with a woman 1/3 my age when I'm 80.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Maxprop wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I didn't hear anything unusual in the last few weeks. I've always heard
that in the short term it could be more dangerous, but that the SA would
probably be bigger. Who knows... we're all going to die someday anyway. :-)

True, but I'd prefer later over sooner. And I was really hoping for an MI
while having sex with a woman 1/3 my age when I'm 80.

Max

J. will stick a knife in your heart....that's where the MI will come
from if you do that...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. JG wrote:
With "a woman" or with your wife. :-)

The math doesn't work for his wife....
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I didn't hear anything unusual in the last few weeks. I've always heard
that in the short term it could be more dangerous, but that the SA would
probably be bigger. Who knows... we're all going to die someday anyway.
:-)

True, but I'd prefer later over sooner. And I was really hoping for an
MI while having sex with a woman 1/3 my age when I'm 80.

Max

J. will stick a knife in your heart....that's where the MI will come from
if you do that...

That's fine--I'll already be dead from ecstasy (the emotion, not the drug).

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Peter Wiley

In article , katy
wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:
With "a woman" or with your wife. :-)

The math doesn't work for his wife....

Well, not the current one, anyway.

PDW

Where's that Capt. Neal guy? Lloyd Bonafide ASA 12 February 15th 06 11:18 PM
Ping..........ping.................ping........... *JimH* General 0 October 30th 05 09:33 PM
Ping Doug! Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 26th 05 08:44 PM
Capt. Nemo rgnmstr ASA 12 October 22nd 05 03:27 AM