Default 1989 Johnson 88spl

The engine runs great after just being rebuilt. Recently though it
would run hot while running on plane. I then noticed that it was not
peeing when on plane. The impeller has 25 hours on it. Owned the
boat and engine for 8 years and it never had this problem before and
the engine and boat were sold together new. The first time I remember
it happening was just after I had gone through a weeded area. Maybe
something clogging somewhere? Any ideas on flushing it out? Thanks.

wrote in message
ups.com...
The engine runs great after just being rebuilt. Recently though it
would run hot while running on plane. I then noticed that it was not
peeing when on plane. The impeller has 25 hours on it. Owned the
boat and engine for 8 years and it never had this problem before and
the engine and boat were sold together new. The first time I remember
it happening was just after I had gone through a weeded area. Maybe
something clogging somewhere? Any ideas on flushing it out? Thanks.

Pull it out and see if the impeller is still good. And you can check for
blockage at the same time.

1989 Johnson 4hp Ali General 0 May 3rd 07 01:20 PM
1989 Johnson 88spl [email protected] General 2 March 22nd 07 05:47 PM
FS 1989 30 HP Johnson Outboard N1RSP General 0 August 3rd 05 11:24 PM
help 1989 Johnson 225 LB General 3 April 23rd 04 12:43 PM
1989 Johnson 175 VRO David Little General 1 September 11th 03 04:54 AM