Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default 1989 Johnson 88spl

I ran the boat after it was sitting for a while. I cleaned it up and
replaced the coils, power pack, plug wires, and plugs. I thought it
had an inline filter and I had flushed out the tank, which had some
junk in it. Anyway, I was running just fine sounded great then it
started sputtering a bit when trying to get up on plane. Ran it a
little while and she started running real nice then it was as if
something logged in the carb. I started checking around and there was
not an inline filter installed. I installed an inline filter and
immediately saw trash collecting in the filter. Now the #1 cylinder
is sputtering trying to fire. The carbs were cleaned prior but I am
wondering if I should remove the top carb and blow it out. What is
the easiest way to clean out debris that may be lodged? Do I have to
take the whole carb apart to blow some air through it? I have tried
some sea foam and carb cleaner and it has made a slight difference but
it still is not lighting up. Many thanks in advance.
Doug