F330 GT

Default Low RPM

I believe it was a new boat. PArt of the charge for the new boat should be
rigging and that includes the correct prop. Also, he was charge for water
in the gas, as that was the stated reason for low RPM's. Those test rides
were not free, they are built into the cost of the boat.
Bill

Bill,

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but the original poster was not at all
specific on ANY details.
Maybe it's a new boat. Maybe just a new engine.
RPM loss. Then suddenly runs good again.
Water in the gas. Maybe or maybe not. The orignial poster doesn't say. Doesn't
say he was charged for that either, did he? The only thing he said was the
mechanic said he might have water in the gas before he had even looked at it.

A bill for $175, but no info on what it's for. Might have been for the 10 hour
service for all we know. Might have been for a new prop? Again, no info.

At this point, who really cares?. I just think if you're going to bad mouth
somebody in a public forum, you should back up your claims with some pertinant
facts. All I heard was whining about being screwed with nothing to back it up.
And when I ask a couple of simple questions which might have clarified it, he
disappeared.

Barry
Trpfan

"Calif Bill" wrote in message ink.net...
I believe it was a new boat. PArt of the charge for the new boat should be
rigging and that includes the correct prop. Also, he was charge for water
in the gas, as that was the stated reason for low RPM's. Those test rides
were not free, they are built into the cost of the boat.
Bill

"F330 GT" wrote in message
As an EX. yammie techie I can say you have been "HAD". The dealer

will
put
the correct prop on it (he has dozens of extras for just such a need)

and
charge you for water in the gas He probably put in the boat. If it

was
not
mis-firing-it did not have water.

F330GT then wrote:

Didn't the original post say that he was originally getting 4400 (or

so)
rpms,
and that after a couple of trips the rpms dropped to around 3200. I'd

say
something was misfiring.

And I can assure you that on a fuel injected engine small droplets of

water can
be mixed with the gas and get through the filter can and will cause

premature
fouling of the plugs. It doesn't take much for a new lean burn engines

not
properly fire. Not usually a problem on carb'ed engines where fuel

/air
mixture
is not so critical.

If they change the plugs and clean the fuel tank and them tell him he

needs to
go down in size on his prop, I'd say he probably hasn't been "HAD".

Barry

His Reply:

So I went down to pick up the boat. Aside from doing the 10 hr
checkup and the "water in gas" problem. He had not even put the boat
in the water!! We took the boat out and sure enough was only able to
run 4600. He says "well we might have to check that prop size" I
knew it!!!! Two smaller prop sizes later and she was up to 5500 right
where she should be. Then this guy had the audacity to say after he
has had the boat for two weeks " I should have done this earlier in
the week" Do you beleive that?????!!!!! Needless to say I will never
put another penny thru that guys shop. Thanks to all who posted
advice and comment. It was a 175$ lesson to learn.

Just out of curiosity, what was the diagnosis of the rpm loss that was
originally mentioned. I think you mentioned when your father used it he

could
only get about 3200 rpm from the original 4600. Did that just disappear

when
you went out with the mechanic?

He probably changed plugs with the 10 hour service.

Other than taking too long to look at your boat, how did the mechanic

screw
you? What was the $175 charge? You got the 10 hour maintenance. And what?

new prop? Or 2 hours of his time to change props a couple of times and go

for
test rides? I didn't think that was all supposed to be free.

No offense meant but I'm missing something here. Unless you're saying it's

his
fault that you had the wrong size prop.......But even then, you should

have
known from the first day you went out and got 4600 rpm's that you were
overpropped. You wouldn't have needed to take the boat back for service.

Just
change props. I've never seen your boat and I could have told you to go

down 2
sizes in pitch.

Barry

Both the boat and motor are new. I am saying it is all his fault.
The motor was never water tested before I picked it up. If it was
then they would have discovered that it was not propped correctly.
When I called to see if the service was completed he told me had
checked out the motor and the problem was water in the gas. So why
then when I picked up the boat and went on the water test it still
failed to reach the proper range if the "problem" had been fixed???
This loser hadn't even water tested the boat at this point!
Furthermore, I don't know where you buy your equipment, but when I
spend 14K I expect to have the boat water tested and propped correctly
upon delivery! I even had to adjust the rollers on my trailer
myself!! Your telling me it is up to me to figure out the correct
prop size?? I am not talking about fine tuning the boats performance
here, I am talking about performance listed in the operators manual.
The total bill was $292 the $175 was just for the "water in gas"
problem.