Default The date is set

August 13, 2007. One day before our 25th Wedding Anniversary our son leaves
for Paris Island. He is slotted for Military Police training after
completing basic training and *earning* his right to officially call himself
a Marine. He originally planned delayed entry in mid September but the MP
opportunity came up if he went in earlier.

Even before his decision to join the Marines he has been concentrating on
his physical condition, recently completing a community event 5 mile race
and finishing in 2nd place.

He will continue with the physical preparation but will now start to
mentally focus on the fact that he will be leaving for Paris Island in 6
weeks.

We are very proud of him and his decision to join the Marine Corps.

"RCE" wrote in message

"JimH" ask wrote in message

August 13, 2007. One day before our 25th Wedding Anniversary our son
leaves for Paris Island. He is slotted for Military Police training
after completing basic training and *earning* his right to officially
call himself a Marine. He originally planned delayed entry in mid
September but the MP opportunity came up if he went in earlier.

Even before his decision to join the Marines he has been concentrating
on his physical condition, recently completing a community event 5 mile
race and finishing in 2nd place.

He will continue with the physical preparation but will now start to
mentally focus on the fact that he will be leaving for Paris Island in 6
weeks.

We are very proud of him and his decision to join the Marine Corps.

Make that Parris Island. Sorry to disrespect the name.

Best wishes for your son. Although tough, the physical aspect of basic
training is not the big challenge. The challenge is mental. Make sure
he is prepared for it.

Eisboch

Thanks! Based on weekly meetings with his recruiter, family meetings with
the local US Marine Corp. recruit families and Staff Sergeants, reading a
training guide for Marine boot camp and watching numerous videos offered to
him by his recruiter and friends of ours (who's sons successfully went
through boot camp) he will be ready.

He has given a lot of thought into this and started the mental process even
before he officially signed the papers.

BAR BAR is offline

RCE wrote:
"JimH" ask wrote in message

[...]

Richard is correct and SWS will back me up on this too. Don't laugh, you
may see some of the funniest things you have ever seen or heard but
don't laugh. Just picture 60 guy's doing the manual of arms with a foot
locker, or standing their with their right arm outstretched, their
pinkies on their right hand sticking out, the other fingers curled, and
an M-16 resting on that outstretched pinkie finger.

Get used to hurry up and wait.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 2, 9:43 pm, BAR wrote:
RCE wrote:
"JimH" ask wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Get used to hurry up and wait.- Hide quoted text -

Even though I didn't mind it, don't volunteer to be a "truck driver"

RCE RCE is offline

"Tim" wrote in message
ups.com...

Even though I didn't mind it, don't volunteer to be a "truck driver"

Better yet, don't volunteer for anything.

Eisboch

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:59:23 -0400, "JimH" ask wrote:

Make that Parris Island. Sorry to disrespect the name.

As long as he keeps his head on straight, he'll do fine.

MPs is a good way to go - he'll almost be guarenteed a slot in law
enforcement if he chooses that as a career.

Good luck to him.

Thanks. He was thinking Highway Patrol or city Police.

On Jul 2, 3:49 pm, "JimH" ask wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in messagenews:1jvi83pekl7vhngobbe644cht24v1ncbg8@4ax .com...

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:59:23 -0400, "JimH" ask wrote:

Make that Parris Island. Sorry to disrespect the name.

As long as he keeps his head on straight, he'll do fine.

MPs is a good way to go - he'll almost be guarenteed a slot in law
enforcement if he chooses that as a career.

Good luck to him.

Thanks. He was thinking Highway Patrol or city Police.

My Dad was a Police officer for over 30 years before he retired. His
recommendation is City departments if you want personal interaction
with the people, or some specialized group. Drug enforcement agencies
tend to have less political crap to deal with. I'm sure your son
would make a fine addition to any force but many of them have been
over liberalized to the point that he will be treated very badly by
his own people. I hope this is not the case.

well, duh Scout ASA 54 October 19th 06 07:07 PM
Price controls on fuel? Doug Kanter General 42 September 21st 05 07:16 PM
Wheres Robert Hickey? Hoodoo General 1 September 6th 05 07:11 PM
GW Bush on dealing with "catastrophe" during The First Gore-BushPresidential Debate in 2000 Hoodoo General 0 September 6th 05 04:35 PM
LEAKING: The Superdome in New Orleans - "el Presidente, AtlanticBeach Vintage Motorcycle Club" Hoodoo Cruising 0 September 4th 05 11:41 PM