Default The date is set

"Bill" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 2, 2:37 pm, "JimH" ask wrote:
August 13, 2007. One day before our 25th Wedding Anniversary our son
leaves
for Paris Island. He is slotted for Military Police training after
completing basic training and *earning* his right to officially call
himself
a Marine. He originally planned delayed entry in mid September but the
MP
opportunity came up if he went in earlier.

Even before his decision to join the Marines he has been concentrating on
his physical condition, recently completing a community event 5 mile race
and finishing in 2nd place.

He will continue with the physical preparation but will now start to
mentally focus on the fact that he will be leaving for Paris Island in 6
weeks.

We are very proud of him and his decision to join the Marine Corps.

Tell him Sempre Fi for me. It's really an amazing thing to do and a
difficult choice but a wiser man than me once said that anything in
life worth having doesn't come easy. Your son is going to know what
those words mean real soon. I've never met him but I'm proud.

Bill

Thank you Bill.

I will be printing this entire thread for him to read prior to him leaving.

On the behalf of my son, thanks for all the support!

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:18:07 -0400, "JimH" ask wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 2, 2:37 pm, "JimH" ask wrote:
[...]

Let me know when he gets his snail mail addy.

You have my email addy.

JimH wrote:
August 13, 2007. One day before our 25th Wedding Anniversary our son leaves
for Paris Island. He is slotted for Military Police training after
completing basic training and *earning* his right to officially call himself
a Marine. He originally planned delayed entry in mid September but the MP
opportunity came up if he went in earlier.

Even before his decision to join the Marines he has been concentrating on
his physical condition, recently completing a community event 5 mile race
and finishing in 2nd place.

He will continue with the physical preparation but will now start to
mentally focus on the fact that he will be leaving for Paris Island in 6
weeks.

We are very proud of him and his decision to join the Marine Corps.

Congrats to your son! I truly appreciate his decision to serve and
protect OUR country.
Tim Tim is offline

JimH wrote:

Happy Independance Day everyone. We would not be celebrating that day if it
were not for our brave men and women taking up the cause and then continuing
to fight for and defend our Country over those past 231 years. ;-)

Amen!

On Jul 3, 2:40 pm, "JimH" ask wrote:
"JimH" ask wrote in message

August 13, 2007. One day before our 25th Wedding Anniversary our son
leaves for Paris Island. He is slotted for Military Police training
after completing basic training and *earning* his right to officially call
himself a Marine. He originally planned delayed entry in mid September
but the MP opportunity came up if he went in earlier.

Even before his decision to join the Marines he has been concentrating on
his physical condition, recently completing a community event 5 mile race
and finishing in 2nd place.

He will continue with the physical preparation but will now start to
mentally focus on the fact that he will be leaving for Paris Island in 6
weeks.

We are very proud of him and his decision to join the Marine Corps.

While my wife and I were out on the boat today my son read through this
thread.

His comments to me:

1. Please thank everyone for their kind words of support.

2. Who is that JoeSpareBedroom? He is a real jerk.

Happy Independance Day everyone. We would not be celebrating that day if it
were not for our brave men and women taking up the cause and then continuing
to fight for and defend our Country over those past 231 years. ;-)- Hide quoted text -

Well 232 technically if you are talking about Marines. They were
officially comissioned in November of 1775. Before the Navy was
officially commissioned I might add.

On Jul 3, 2:56 pm, Bill wrote:
On Jul 3, 2:40 pm, "JimH" ask wrote:

"JimH" ask wrote in message

[...]

officially commissioned I might add.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry I need to recant before I get smashed by the squidies. Marine
Corps founded officially one month after the Navy but is still not a
part of the Navy.

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:07:58 -0700, Bill
wrote:

Sorry I need to recant before I get smashed by the squidies. Marine
Corps founded officially one month after the Navy but is still not a
part of the Navy.

It's a little known fact that the reason...

Oh hell - a good joke down the drain. :)

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:56:20 -0700, Bill
wrote:

Well 232 technically if you are talking about Marines. They were
officially comissioned in November of 1775. Before the Navy was
officially commissioned I might add.

It's a little known fact that Congress needed to establish the Marine
Corps first to protect the Squids.

Just saying... :)
HK HK is offline

wrote:

Well 232 technically if you are talking about Marines. They were
officially comissioned in November of 1775. Before the Navy was
officially commissioned I might add.

It's a little known fact that Congress needed to establish the Marine
Corps first to protect the Squids.

Just saying... :)

It's hard to stifle a huge...

http://tinyurl.com/pdddv

well, duh Scout ASA 54 October 19th 06 07:07 PM
Price controls on fuel? Doug Kanter General 42 September 21st 05 07:16 PM
Wheres Robert Hickey? Hoodoo General 1 September 6th 05 07:11 PM
GW Bush on dealing with "catastrophe" during The First Gore-BushPresidential Debate in 2000 Hoodoo General 0 September 6th 05 04:35 PM
LEAKING: The Superdome in New Orleans - "el Presidente, AtlanticBeach Vintage Motorcycle Club" Hoodoo Cruising 0 September 4th 05 11:41 PM