Default Warning: Experience with boating product menitioned

On May 22, 6:00 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

So if I read that correctly, plain water or sand blasting agents can
be called detergents?

Yes, depending on context. If you were discussing cleaning materials
to be ADDED TO water, then of course you wouldn't count the water
itself as a detergent. However, if you were comparing various
substances as cleaners, among them water, then you would count the
water as a detergent.

Robert

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 22, 6:00 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

So if I read that correctly, plain water or sand blasting agents can
be called detergents?

Yes, depending on context. If you were discussing cleaning materials
to be ADDED TO water, then of course you wouldn't count the water
itself as a detergent. However, if you were comparing various
substances as cleaners, among them water, then you would count the
water as a detergent.

Robert

Then water is not a solvent, but a detergent? Kewl.

On May 22, 7:39 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

So if I read that correctly, plain water or sand blasting agents can
be called detergents?

Yes, depending on context. If you were discussing cleaning materials
to be ADDED TO water, then of course you wouldn't count the water
itself as a detergent. However, if you were comparing various
substances as cleaners, among them water, then you would count the
water as a detergent.

Then water is not a solvent, but a detergent? Kewl.

I never thought we'd get such mileage (Knottage?) out of a semantics
thread. Who said the water wouldn't ALSO be a solvent? If you were
using it to dissolve something, it would be a solvent. If you were
using it to dissolve something and thus wash it away, it would be a
solvent and a detergent. If you were to drink the rinse, it would be
a solvent, a detergent, and a beverage -- or at least A COMPONENT of a
beverage.

Robert

If you were to drink the rinse, it would be
a solvent, a detergent, and a beverage

That's the only thing I understood thus far. I always understand beverages!
:-

--Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Ad: Sterndrive Engineering Adopts Three Year Fault-free Warranty Justin - SEI Cruising 14 September 21st 06 07:12 PM
Uniden `Santana' VHF-Marine Question Cruising 7 June 11th 06 03:42 PM
Safer Boating RT Boat Building 7 April 27th 06 11:25 PM
Safer Boating RT Cruising 5 April 27th 06 11:55 AM
Boating Safer RT General 0 April 26th 06 05:05 PM