Default Merc 5.0: Not run since '02

I have inherited a 1992 2452 Bayliner Classic. The boat was stored in
2002 and not fogged,etc. The boat did not have any problems and it was
stored in a covered environment. The electrical and hydraulic system
test OK.

I"ll drain/clean the gas tank; install new fuel/air filter; change
plugs and oil before starting.

Any more preventive maintenance items before I "turn the key"?

I may keep or sell.

Thanks

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 25, 11:03 pm, "Boater1953" wrote:
I have inherited a 1992 2452 Bayliner Classic. The boat was stored in
2002 and not fogged,etc. The boat did not have any problems and it was
stored in a covered environment. The electrical and hydraulic system
test OK.

I"ll drain/clean the gas tank; install new fuel/air filter; change
plugs and oil before starting.

Any more preventive maintenance items before I "turn the key"?

I may keep or sell.

Thanks

The carburator will probably need a re-build.

Jim Jim is offline

Barring any sentimental attachment to the boat, I vote for sell. If it
wasn't stored properly, you have a pretty good indication that it wasn't
cared for properly, and may have even have been abused.
Jim
"Boater1953" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have inherited a 1992 2452 Bayliner Classic. The boat was stored in
2002 and not fogged,etc. The boat did not have any problems and it was
stored in a covered environment. The electrical and hydraulic system
test OK.

I"ll drain/clean the gas tank; install new fuel/air filter; change
plugs and oil before starting.

Any more preventive maintenance items before I "turn the key"?

I may keep or sell.

Thanks

I"ll drain/clean the gas tank; install new fuel/air filter; change
plugs and oil before starting.

Any more preventive maintenance items before I "turn the key"?

You might not need to replace the plugs if they look OK, but while you have
them out I would spray something like WD40 into the cylinders to lube them
up a bit. Then try turning the engine a bit with them out to make sure the
cylinders aren't too rusty or dry.

merc alternator Chris General 1 September 20th 06 11:38 PM
40HP merc idle problems. stalls out in nutral. engine 2-3years old [email protected] General 2 July 27th 06 04:54 PM
new Merc 9.9hp - 4 stroke Bill Kiene General 6 June 29th 04 06:40 PM
Merc 1250 runs :) ... boat slow :( Matt Lang General 6 April 15th 04 05:31 PM
Which engine for new pontoon, 60 hp merc BigFoot or 90 hp merc Jon General 15 February 6th 04 06:32 AM