Default Question Volvo Penta Cobra Exhaust Flaps

I have a 1995 Four Winns Freedom with a Volvo Penta engine and cobra
outdrive. The exhaust flaps have been a topic of discussion at my
local marina. I have recently checked the flaps and one was missing,
seems it was melted off the SS rod in which it resides. Obviously,
the rubber is still in the exhausts. First, do I have to remove the
outdrive to get the flap out of the exhaust? Second, if so how hard
is it to remove?

Next issue...

I also have an issue with the temp regulations of the engine. It is
the 4.3l Chev engine. The engine runs cold. I have checked the
following:
1. Gauge and (new) sensor; both are good
2. Replaced the thermostat
3. Are my two issues related?

If anyone can help I have checked everything I know.

David King
Tunnel Hill, GA

One more thing.. Temp is below 100 degrees

David King
Tunnel Hill, GA