Default Church as a lighthouse

A new lighthouse has gone into operation in Crimea (Black Sea). It looks
like, and actually is, an Orthodoxal Christian church. The church is not
yet open, but the light is already working. They put it in the tower
where normally a bell would be. The lighthouse is located in Ukraine but
belongs to the Moscow branch of the Church. I wonder if there are other
church/lighthouses like that anywhere...

Photos are at the sponsor's blog,
http://alex-lebedev.livejournal.com/43768.html

(the blog is in Russian, but it's owner is supposed to be fluent in
English. he is a businessman and a congressman in Russia).

On Mar 1, 9:55?am, Huss Mohrens wrote:
A new lighthouse has gone into operation in Crimea (Black Sea). It looks
like, and actually is, an Orthodoxal Christian church. The church is not
yet open, but the light is already working. They put it in the tower
where normally a bell would be. The lighthouse is located in Ukraine but
belongs to the Moscow branch of the Church. I wonder if there are other
church/lighthouses like that anywhere...

Photos are at the sponsor's blog,http://alex-lebedev.livejournal.com/43768.html

(the blog is in Russian, but it's owner is supposed to be fluent in
English. he is a businessman and a congressman in Russia).

How does that old song go? "I saw the light, I saw the light, praise
the Lord I saw the light?"

Tim Tim is offline

I know this is really tongue 'n cheek, but when you mentioned "Church"
and "Lighthouse" I really can't think of any here in the States, but
what was brought to mind was the "Old North" Church in Boston, which
instigated the American Revolutionary war with the sake of signaling
with lanterns from up in the Steeple:

http://www.oldnorth.com/history/index.htm