JLH JLH is offline

Default TomTom GPS - be careful

If you're thinking of getting, or have recently bought a Tom Tom GPS, be
careful:

http://tinyurl.com/2colyk

I bought the wife a Garmin 330c for Christmas, and she loves it!
--
***** Have a super day! *****

John H

JLH wrote:
If you're thinking of getting, or have recently bought a Tom Tom GPS, be
careful:

http://tinyurl.com/2colyk

I bought the wife a Garmin 330c for Christmas, and she loves it!

I bought the Garmin 330C last year. It's excellent! Phenomenally easy to
use. Most people can use it right out of the box without even referring
to the instruction manual. I wish my boat Garmin was as simple.

--
Stan
JLH JLH is offline

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:02:24 GMT, "Stan (the Man)"
wrote:

JLH wrote:
If you're thinking of getting, or have recently bought a Tom Tom GPS, be
careful:

http://tinyurl.com/2colyk

I bought the wife a Garmin 330c for Christmas, and she loves it!

I bought the Garmin 330C last year. It's excellent! Phenomenally easy to
use. Most people can use it right out of the box without even referring
to the instruction manual. I wish my boat Garmin was as simple.

Having experienced the boat GPS, I dreaded getting the wife one. I just
knew I'd spend hours trying to teach her how to use it.

Surprise, surprise...she had it up and running in about 15 minutes. I was
at the local LLBean asking the guy there about them. He recommended the
Garmin 330c, but said he was out of them. He told me to go to West Marine
and get it, rather than try to sell me one of the other half-dozen he had
in his counter.
--
***** Have a super day! *****

John H

wrote:
JLH wrote:
[...]

Did she need it to get back from the Supermarket????

"Corsair23" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
JLH wrote:
[...]

My former business partners wife has no directional ability. Can get lost 2
blocks from home.

JLH JLH is offline

wrote:
JLH wrote:
[...]

Damn near! Seriously though, she has gotten a lot of use out of it, just in
finding addresses around the D.C. area. There have been a couple times that
I didn't agree with it's choice of route, but that may be due to the GPS'
lack of an ability to adjust for rush hour traffic.
--
***** Have a super day! *****

John H

wrote:
JLH wrote:
[...]

Try the detour function. It gets you around traffic rather neatly.
Or, change the settings to avoid certain types of roads. That might also
help you avoid rush hour traffic. Or, as a final measure, move out of D.C.

Personally, I'd go with option 3.

--
Stan

JLH JLH is offline

wrote:
JLH wrote:
[...]

I plan to. I'm looking at Wake Forest, NC, as a possibility.
--
***** Have a super day! *****

John H