Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default To Anyone & Everyone New To Boating

Way to go Larry. A big hello from 14-8!

http://www.uscgaux.org/~0701408

C.F.

Larry Weiss wrote:

This post was inspired by a few recent "new to boating " posts, as well
as all the "new to boating" posts that have made it here over the
years. To all of you I have one thing to say: "Take A Safe Boating
Course!"

Courses are available all over the place, offered by your local United
States Power Squadron and your local Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla.
Can't find a course nearby? You can take "America's Boating Course"
right over the Internet.

Operating a boat is very different from driving a car. There are far
more issues to know about. Yet all anyone needs to legally drive a boat
in this country is the keys. It still amazes me that at least basic
safe boating courses are not required in every state that has any water.

Every week this season our local paper here on Long Island has had
stories of local boaters who've been killed boating ... all of them
needless accidents that could have been avoided if the recently deceased
had only known what they were doing. Don't be one of them.

Here are some links:

US Power Squadrons Boating Course:
http://www.usps.org/e_stuff/Basic.html

Coast Guard Auxiliary:
http://www.cgaux.org/cgauxweb/classes/master.shtml

America's Boating Course:
http://www.americasboatingcourse.com/front/splash.htm

Before you go out on the water, take the course. Please.

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"
"a little after..."

KENNETH TANAKA

Here are some links:

US Power Squadrons Boating Course:
http://www.usps.org/e_stuff/Basic.html

Coast Guard Auxiliary:
http://www.cgaux.org/cgauxweb/classes/master.shtml

America's Boating Course:
http://www.americasboatingcourse.com/front/splash.htm

Before you go out on the water, take the course. Please.

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"
"a little after..."

Here's another link:

Basic Boating Safety Certification Course:
www.boatsafe.com

Ken Tanaka
Pearl City, Hawaii

bb

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 02:51:56 GMT, "KENNETH TANAKA"
wrote:

Ken Tanaka
Pearl City, Hawaii

Ken,

Did you have a sailboat in St Petersburg, FL at one time?

bb

bb

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:06:24 GMT, "BooBoo12321"
wrote:

What are the top causes of boating deaths?

old age?

bb

Dionysus Feldman

booboo-

What are the top causes of boating deaths?

bb-

old age?

W-

Stupidity

df--

So it's stupid to get old? Cher notwithstanding, it beats the
alternative.

Actually, it's going into the water without a PFD. At least according
to the on-line safety classes.

JDavis1277

Drinking and the behavior that follows.

Butch
Joe Parsons

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:06:24 GMT, "BooBoo12321" wrote:

Every week this season our local paper here on Long Island has had
stories of local boaters who've been killed boating ... all of them
needless accidents that could have been avoided if the recently deceased
had only known what they were doing. Don't be one of them.

What are the top causes of boating deaths?

1. Illegal radio operators.

2. Poorly fitted conniptions.

Joe Parsons

**FINALLY** went boating today! YEAH!!!! frank news General 0 August 14th 03 10:36 PM
Boating Classes NRUSPS General 0 August 8th 03 06:27 PM
Is there boating on the Chester Creek, PA? Ramp? designo General 0 August 5th 03 06:07 PM
Unlike the political posters, I went boating. Calif Bill General 5 August 4th 03 07:07 PM
Summer Basic Boating Classes in New York City JRTAUBER General 0 July 16th 03 07:04 PM