Default Denny Doherty dies..

"Don White" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:18:09 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Local news station reports that Halifax born Denny Doherty of Mamas &
Papas
fame, died after a short illness. He had been living in suburb of
Toronto.
Hard to believe....... only Michelle Phillips left now.

Which one was he? The bald guy?

Dang that Canadian weather is hard on people.

He was fine until he went to California and got mixed up with liquor &
drugs.

Liquor must have been a real problem in Canada. When I was there last
summer, could not believe the high price for a bottle of booze.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

wrote:

Local news station reports that Halifax born Denny Doherty of Mamas &
Papas
fame, died after a short illness. He had been living in suburb of
Toronto.
Hard to believe....... only Michelle Phillips left now.

Which one was he? The bald guy?

Dang that Canadian weather is hard on people.

He was fine until he went to California and got mixed up with liquor &
drugs.

Liquor must have been a real problem in Canada. When I was there last
summer, could not believe the high price for a bottle of booze.

It's the Government's way of keeping us clean & sober.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

wrote:

Local news station reports that Halifax born Denny Doherty of Mamas &
Papas
fame, died after a short illness. He had been living in suburb of
Toronto.
Hard to believe....... only Michelle Phillips left now.

Which one was he? The bald guy?

Dang that Canadian weather is hard on people.

He was fine until he went to California and got mixed up with liquor &
drugs.

Liquor must have been a real problem in Canada. When I was there last
summer, could not believe the high price for a bottle of booze.

It's the Government's way of keeping us clean & sober.

Drunk and broke more like it. How do you survive a Canadian Winter without
a fine wine.

Harry,

What tv show was Michelle on?

wrote:

Local news station reports that Halifax born Denny Doherty of Mamas &
Papas
fame, died after a short illness. He had been living in suburb of Toronto.
Hard to believe....... only Michelle Phillips left now.
Which one was he? The bald guy?

What?
No he was the big burly guy...... vs the very tall lanky John Phillips.
http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/mamasandpapas/

Ms. Phillips still looks pretty good. Saw her on some TV show a few
weeks ago.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
On 1/21/2007 9:50 AM, wrote:
Harry,

What tv show was Michelle on?

wrote:

Local news station reports that Halifax born Denny Doherty of Mamas &
Papas
fame, died after a short illness. He had been living in suburb of
Toronto.
Hard to believe....... only Michelle Phillips left now.
Which one was he? The bald guy?
What?
No he was the big burly guy...... vs the very tall lanky John Phillips.
http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/mamasandpapas/

Ms. Phillips still looks pretty good. Saw her on some TV show a few
weeks ago.

I have no idea. I was flipping channels and there she was. I think it was
one of those early evening "entertainment" shows.

Speaking of Michelle Phillips...she's in town for Denny's funeral tomorrow
morning at a north end Catholic church.
Saw interviews with here on local CBC and CTV tv stations.
Hope she brought her furs with her from California. Temperature is minus 15
C with stiff winds and we expect a bit of snow.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
On 1/21/2007 9:50 AM, wrote:
Harry,

[...]