Default SPF 15, 30 or 45

Don White wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
What kind of suntan lotion does everyone keep on board their boat? do you
prefer oil or lotion? How much do you normally use in a season?

I try to keep on of each on board, so I have one of each. I buy the big
bottle of generic lotion and one bottle will last the season.

What is everyone's else favorite?

Congratulations! I think this is the first semi-boating related topic
you've posted on in months.
Keep up the good work.

Don,
I am glad a post about suntan lotion and everyone's favorite SPF brings
you so much enjoyment.

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 21:38:09 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

What kind of suntan lotion does everyone keep on board their boat? do
you prefer oil or lotion? How much do you normally use in a season?

I try to keep on of each on board, so I have one of each. I buy the big
bottle of generic lotion and one bottle will last the season.

What is everyone's else favorite?

Actually, I like vegetable oil with a little brown food coloring. The big
problem is the lack of brown food coloring. So, I've learned to mix a
little red and green coloring, then mix it with the cooking oil.

Mazola works well. Peanut oil leaves streaks. I think the SPF is higher for
peanut oil also. Olive oil works well if one likes a Mediterranean
complexion, which I don't.
--

John

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 22:52:18 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

On 1/7/2007 10:04 PM, Don White wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
What kind of suntan lotion does everyone keep on board their boat? do you
prefer oil or lotion? How much do you normally use in a season?

I try to keep on of each on board, so I have one of each. I buy the big
bottle of generic lotion and one bottle will last the season.

What is everyone's else favorite?

Congratulations! I think this is the first semi-boating related topic
you've posted on in months.
Keep up the good work.

Reggie has a sunlamp over his bathtub, where he floats his rubber ducky.
He thinks his ducky is a boat.

Harry, what were the big differences between the 36' Canadian boat and your
36' lobsta boat? I'm glad to see you posting about boats and not just
calling names!
--

John

Default What did your boat dock..................

JohnH wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 17:25:04 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

On 1/7/2007 5:14 PM, JimH wrote:
........cost you this year? How big is your dock and what amenities
does your marina offer?

For us, $1,525. Drive up dock, 25 foot floater with water, electric
and dock box. The marina has 250 slips total, a pool, clubhouse and
top notch mechanics. The owners (3rd generation) live on site.

http://www.romps.com/

We moved to this marina because of our bad experiences with the dufus
*OMC Certified* mechanics at the marina we were at last year.

So how about you?

That's about the price, give or take, for a similar sized slip at the
local fisherman's marina. No pool or clubhouse, but a nice, smelly fish
cleaning station, general store, clean bathrooms, running water and
electric.

You cannot imagine what the fish cleaning station smells like in July
and August. Well, maybe you can!

Is Jimmy asking his silly questions again? What won't that boy do for
recognition and self esteem?
--

As usual!!

wrote:

What kind of suntan lotion does everyone keep on board their boat? do
you prefer oil or lotion? How much do you normally use in a season?

I try to keep on of each on board, so I have one of each. I buy the big
bottle of generic lotion and one bottle will last the season.

What is everyone's else favorite?

Actually, I like vegetable oil with a little brown food coloring. The big
problem is the lack of brown food coloring. So, I've learned to mix a
little red and green coloring, then mix it with the cooking oil.

Mazola works well. Peanut oil leaves streaks. I think the SPF is higher for
peanut oil also. Olive oil works well if one likes a Mediterranean
complexion, which I don't.

I am not sure if the SPF is higher for peanut oil, but I know it has a
higher smoke temp. so you might be correct.

wrote:

What kind of suntan lotion does everyone keep on board their boat? do
you prefer oil or lotion? How much do you normally use in a season?

I try to keep on of each on board, so I have one of each. I buy the big
bottle of generic lotion and one bottle will last the season.

What is everyone's else favorite?

Actually, I like vegetable oil with a little brown food coloring. The big
problem is the lack of brown food coloring. So, I've learned to mix a
little red and green coloring, then mix it with the cooking oil.

Mazola works well. Peanut oil leaves streaks. I think the SPF is higher for
peanut oil also. Olive oil works well if one likes a Mediterranean
complexion, which I don't.

JohnH,
By the way, what size bottle of oil do you normally buy and what do you
pay? Do you notice a difference between brands? Do you ever use the
Safeway private label?

wrote:

What kind of suntan lotion does everyone keep on board their boat? do
you prefer oil or lotion? How much do you normally use in a season?

I try to keep on of each on board, so I have one of each. I buy the big
bottle of generic lotion and one bottle will last the season.

What is everyone's else favorite?

Nothing.

That's right - you heard me, nothing. :)

I don't wear shorts or sandals and I wear light colored UV cloth long
sleeved shirts along with a wide brimmed hat - even on the hottest
days.

Buncha pansies - sun blocker - phffftt....

SWF,
When you have a killer body like mine, all of the dock girls want you to
walk around without a shirt on. Most of them prefer to rub oil on my
chest and back, but I prefer a SPF 15 lotion. It does not get the seats
and gunwales all slick.

wrote:

On 1/7/2007 5:14 PM, JimH wrote:
[...]

Ah! I see I remain the topic of John's posts, this time being made fun
of because I posted a boating question in a boating NG. Imaging that.

And I see that Reggie joined in with his attempt to hijack the thread
with a silly side topic.

I guess this thread shows the real purpose of our non boat owners here.
And to think they their stated goal was to better the tone of the NG.

My, my, my.

wrote:

[...]

ps - I used to only use Baseball/Sailor Caps for head gear because they
were cheap and if they blew off, I had 5 more down below. But I have
since started using a wide brim Tilley Hat which protects the whole face
and back of the neck. The neck strap also holds the hat on when you are
underway.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

wrote:

What kind of suntan lotion does everyone keep on board their boat? do
you prefer oil or lotion? How much do you normally use in a season?

I try to keep on of each on board, so I have one of each. I buy the big
bottle of generic lotion and one bottle will last the season.

What is everyone's else favorite?
Nothing.

That's right - you heard me, nothing. :)

I don't wear shorts or sandals and I wear light colored UV cloth long
sleeved shirts along with a wide brimmed hat - even on the hottest
days.

Buncha pansies - sun blocker - phffftt....

SWF,
When you have a killer body like mine, all of the dock girls want you to
walk around without a shirt on.

Uh huh. Sure.

Most of them prefer to rub oil on my chest and back, but I prefer a
SPF 15 lotion.

Uh huh. Sure.

It does not get the seats and gunwales all slick.

I'll bet.

Do I hear a hint of doubt in your tone?