Tony Thomas

Default Is my boat running right

Definetly low on the rpms. Not sure of the hp on that engine but 4800 max
wide open would be right.
Let us know what prop you are running (size, material, # blades).
Also, have you done a compression test on the engine.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Glenn" wrote in message
om...
I have recently purchased a 1984 21' Century 4000 cuddy. Nada listed
the engine as a 260hp not sure if this is true...The engine says 464
on it. First does anyone know what HP this really is. I get about 3200
rpms wideout and only 25mph with 3 people in it...this does not seem
right for a 260hp engine with a boat that weighs 2800lbs. Any info
would be helpful. The tach is brand new

Glenn

Tony thanks 4800 is what I thought it should be around. Don't know
anything about the prop. I'll have to pull it out of the water to
check that but no i have not done a compression check. Since I'm new
to this what exactly will that indicate.

"Glenn" wrote in message
om...
I have recently purchased a 1984 21' Century 4000 cuddy. Nada listed
the engine as a 260hp not sure if this is true...The engine says 464
on it. First does anyone know what HP this really is. I get about 3200
rpms wideout and only 25mph with 3 people in it...this does not seem
right for a 260hp engine with a boat that weighs 2800lbs. Any info
would be helpful. The tach is brand new

Cal

Does she smoke and use oil
Glenn

No smoke and does not burn oil...sorry was away for the weekend

(Gould 0738) wrote in message ...
Does she smoke and use oil

Once knew a girl that fit that description.

Some very clever uses of oil, btw. :-)