frank news

Default 13' Boat Reccomendations

I was at a B.W. dealer the other day. He had a brand new 13' with 40hp 4
stroke Merc and trailer for 10,000.00. The Jacksonville Boat Show is
this weekend. Come look if its not too far to drive.

C.F.

Jay L wrote:

My family currently owns a 13' Boston Whaler knock-off which is used
on a lake in New Hampshire. The boat is very old and is pretty much
on its last legs. My parents are now considering replacing it and
want me to do research on new boat options.

The thing my parents liked about the old boat was:

1.) Low draft - The boat could go in shallow water without a problem
2.) Reliability - The hull was fairly sturdy and could take abuse.

What they disliked:

1.) The boat was impossible to cover so the boat would fill up with
water after storms.
2.) The old 2 stroke motor was loud and ran somewhat unreliably.

Given those thoughts, I am wondering if anyone has reccomendations of
other boats that we should consider. We could clearly look at a new
Boston Whaler or equivalent, but I am most interested in other options
as well. Would jetboats be a good alternative? The other key thing
is that my parents want to limit costs so the sky is not the limit.

TIA for any thoughts.

JL