Default I can't believe this.............

basskisser wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
basskisser wrote:

So, in your dumb world, a post about Xmas lights is on topic in
rec.boats? Really? Are you really saying that?

Stranger things have happened.

I'll be rigging some holiday lights on my boat this afternoon. (They
might look a lot like some of the "Christmas Lights" mentioned in this
thread, but I couldn't find any bulbs stamped with images of a baby in
a manger or any reference to electric lights of any type in either of
the two versions of Jesus' birth in the Bible).

In the Puget Sound region, most waterfront communities have a "lighted
boat parade" during December. Very popular events, with throngs of
people jamming the shorelines to watch the
lighted boats go by.

Wish we had some of that 50 degree weather JimH is referring to. I
think western Washington and Ohio decided to swap weather for a few
days. Temps in the 20's and 30's here, over a foot of snow in
Bellingham and other northern towns. We normally experience temps in
the mid 40's this time of year, and seldom dip below freezing near sea
level.

I guess you'd have to read JimH's original post. No mention of boats,
just cold and lights. If we are going t go there, then everything could
be considered on topic, including political trolls.

I agree that JimH's post didn't mention putting lights on boats.

And it's true that 2-3 guys use this NG as a sort of "myspace" page,
fulfilling a need to communicate the smallest details of daily life to
a tiny group of unkown individuals. But there's a huge difference
between silly "I had bacon and eggs for breaksfast" posts and
politically charged cut n pastes. One is just useless clutter, the
other is intended to sart a "discussion" (aka fight).

Do you use you boat for any sort of holiday celebrations around
solstice time? Or are there
folks who traditionally do in your area? A lot of guys are on the hard
and frozen in for the winter, but there are some good times to be had
out on the boat this time of year where weather permits.

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...

basskisser wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
basskisser wrote:

[...]

You term as sheriff expires at the end of the year. Go find another job
already.

JimH wrote:

You term as sheriff expires at the end of the year. Go find another job
already.

I'd make a lousy dentist. No way to know when you're going to hit an
exposed and hypersensitive nerve. :-)

You really shouldn't have "snipped" the rest of my reply, however. I
was half-assed defending your silly thread, and pointing out that
goofball posts like "I took a photo of our dog scratching his ear with
my new D90000 camera with the 6.8-400mm lens that I bought on Ebay for
$XXX,XXX" are a lot less destructive than "Republicans are assholes,"
"Bush is an idiot" "Hillary is a lesbian" or "Democrats support the
terrorists" cut 'n pastes.

There is a subtle but important difference between having anything
compelling to post and feeling compelled to post just anything.

Tim Tim is offline

back 20 yrs ago, While it was about 15-20 degrees outside, I put an
electric heater in my ole wooden ChrisCraft Cavalier '29 ft.r, and my
son and I "camped" out in it for a couple days. He enjoyed it more than
I did. but it was kind of fun.

Chuck Gould wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
basskisser wrote:

[...]

On 27 Nov 2006 08:49:12 -0800, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

basskisser wrote:

[...]

Chuck, have you given any thought to putting a sign on your boat saying,

"These are NOT Christmas lights!"

That would prevent any confusion.

Chuck Gould wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
basskisser wrote:

[...]

They have a parade of boats in Lake Lanier, but I don't go. My boat's
for fishing mostly, and it's 45 minutes to get there and splash so I
don't do that sort of stuff much. I LOVE fishing this time of year on
Lanier, weathers not bad some days, and traffic is low.

wrote:

basskisser wrote:

[...]

I didn't know they had electric incandescent (or LED) lights when Jesus
was allegedly born.

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

basskisser wrote:

[...]

They did have lights. Why do lights have to be electric?

JimH wrote:

You term as sheriff expires at the end of the year. Go find another job
already.

I'd make a lousy dentist. No way to know when you're going to hit an
exposed and hypersensitive nerve. :-)

You really shouldn't have "snipped" the rest of my reply, however. I
was half-assed defending your silly thread, and pointing out that
goofball posts like "I took a photo of our dog scratching his ear with
my new D90000 camera with the 6.8-400mm lens that I bought on Ebay for
$XXX,XXX" are a lot less destructive than "Republicans are assholes,"
"Bush is an idiot" "Hillary is a lesbian" or "Democrats support the
terrorists" cut 'n pastes.

There is a subtle but important difference between having anything
compelling to post and feeling compelled to post just anything.

Get a life Chuck.

JimH,
Why are you offended by what Chuck said?