Default Turkey Oil Strainer

Jack Redington wrote:
JimH wrote:

"Jack Redington" wrote in message

I will use oil only twice. After that the Turkey can get oil
penitration and not be as good.

Here is the one that can be ordered from The Bass Pro Shop.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I sincerly hope things work out for
the better. It sounds to me like you are taking a good stance.

Jack R..

Why not just use a large funnel purchased from wallyworld for a buck
with a coffee filter inside?

That is basically what this is, But the filter is a little less fine as
is a coffee filter. These funnels come with a metal spreader that keeps
the filter from folding over as the oil is passed threw. For a few bucks
it is worth it.

Capt Jack R..

Personally, I wouldn't waste the money. A funnel is a funnel. If you
'filter' the oil once, you may never do it again as you'll be waiting
forever for it to be strained the first time.

One thing to keep in mind is that even if you do have food particles in
your oil, they've been at a high enough temp that there won't be any
living germs in there. :^)

-Jim

mounting a seawater strainer? Steve Lusardi Boat Building 0 March 19th 06 01:46 PM
( OT ) Bush Kills Turkey, Pardons Tom DeLay Jim General 0 November 25th 04 03:34 PM
sea strainer Miguel Cruising 12 January 22nd 04 03:28 PM
The Turkey's Turkey Harry Krause General 2 December 4th 03 05:03 PM